The Self-service portal - Kunnskapsbasen
The Self-service portal
In the Self-service portal you can, among other things, register working hours and absences, submit travel expense claims or apply for expense reimbursements. Remember to update your user profile. The Self-service portal replaces the HR-portal.
Norwegian version: Selvbetjeningsportalen
The Self-service portal in your browser
Log in to the Self-service portal - Choose english in the upper right corner
- Choose NTNU from the drop-down menu and log in with your Feide user (same as you use elsewhere at NTNU).
- You may also log in via https://login.dfo.no/. Then you have to choose Feide from the drop down menu before you log in with your Feide user.
- Problems logging in?
If you wish, you can download the app "DFØ self-service" to your mobile. Note! The app requires iOS version 10 or later, or Android version 6 or later.
- Google Play – for android users
- AppStore - for apple users (correct link?)
- Guide: How to use the DFØ app (dfo.no).
The vast majority of functions are available in both the DFØ App on mobile and DFØ self-service online. However, some things can only be found in the portal.
- Register time
- What the time codes in the Self-service portal mean
- Check your payslips (dfo.no)
- Send travel expense claims
- How to choose the correct type of trip in your travel exchange claim
- Get your personal expenses refunded
- Betalmeg - travel expenses, reimbursements and renumerations to non-employees
- Register holiday leave
- Sign an hourly, month, or assignment contract
New employee number
From 2023 you have a new employee number. You find this next to your name in your user profile in the Self-service portal.
Update your user profile when you access the Self-service portal
Information about your next of kin, children and credit card Eurocard was not transferred from the HR-portal to the Self-service portal.
- Register who the employer should contact in case of emergency.
- If you care for children 12 years and younger, you must register it in the Self-Service Portal to be allocated a quota for time off in case of children's illness. The quota will be available in the system the day after you register your children.
- If you a registered as a single parent or have a child with disabilities or chronic illness, you must notify the Service center after the child is registered in the Self-service portal. Go to Sick child
Credit card and bank account
Travel credit cards: If you had registered Eurocard in the HR portal, these were not transferred to the Self-Service Portal. You must therefore enter this yourself. See guide: Registering credit cards in the Self-Service Portal (dfo.no)
Bank account: Have you received a new payroll account number? If you are changing from one Norwegian bank account to another Norwegian bank account, you can do it yourself: How to change your account number in the Self-Service Portal (dfo.no). If you need to change from one foreign account to another foreign account, or from a foreign to a Norwegian account, the Service Centre must make the change in the payroll system. Contact us for help.
Help & How-To
E-mail notifications from DFØ
To help you stay up-to-date and within the regulations, you will be sent an automatic notification by e-mail when you have incomplete tasks in the Self-Service Portal. You will receive guidance in the email on what to do to complete the task in the Self-service portal.
You will, for example, receive a notification if you have forgotten to register working hours or if you have unsent travel expense claims in the Self-service portal.
You who have flextime will be notified on 1 November and 1 December if you have more than ten minus hours or 50 plus hours on your flextime balance.
Problems logging in?
- The self-service portal can be opened in the Safari, Edge and Chrome browsers. Make sure you use one of these.
- You can log in via two different links:
- a) Directly via https://login.dfo.no/?idp=feide&service=selvbetjeningsportal, where you select NTNU and log in with your Feide user or
- or via https://login.dfo.no/ where you first select Feide via the drop down-menu
- See common errors in the DFØ app (dfo.no)
- If you get an error message: Try reloading the page, possibly click one step back in the browser and try logging in again.
- If you log in via DFØ's website, first select Feide as a business in the drop-down menu. You will then be redirected to the Feide portal, where you select "NTNU" and log in in the same way as for other services that use Feide.
- Check operational messages from NTNU IT.
- Check operating notices at DFØ (dfo.no).
Use the following contact points for the Service Center.