Edit your profile page - Kunnskapsbasen
Edit your profile page
Employee profile pages are widely used by colleagues, students and potential national and international partners. If you are applying for research funding, it’s highly probable that your profile page will be visited, so it is important to keep it updated.
To edit the profile page: Click My profile in the main (top) menu, here, or in Innsida.
Contact info and photo
- Name, job title, unit and email: You can adjust how your name is displayed if you wish, removing middle names you don't use for example. Feel free to enter a descriptive job title, such as Study Supervisor instead of Senior Consultant.
- Phone number: NTNU expects employees’ work phone and contact information to be visible. Though some may have a good reason for hiding their work phone number on the publicly accessible profile, it will remain visible to employees and students who are logged in to Innsida.
- Office and map link: Keep your office location up to date. Use the building and room search options to ensure an accurate campus map link for those who need to find your office.
- Other profile pages: Link to Google Scholar, LinkedIn, Instagram, blogs or other relevant websites where you maintain a profile.
- Photo and press photo options: Click on the picture to add or change your profile photo. Strongly consider adding a link to a press photo using the option under your regular profile photo. Fotoware works well for that (Norw. only).
New tab options
Tabs for Research, Publications, Teaching and Media will remain hidden until you have added content to them.Most administrative personnel will use only the About tab. Below are some tips for making the most of the various options:
- Describe what you work with and what expertise you have.
- Upload your CV for detailed information.
- Competencies and discipline tags from Cristin are presented for academic staff. Those without access to Cristin can add skills tags manually.
- Free text field: Describe your research areas, research projects and research groups.
- Research groups: Add a link, or many, to list your research groups and relevant group websites.
- Research projects: Use the card option to highlight research projects, work packages or project activities, drawing attention with pictures and linking to relevant websites. (How to)
- Free text field: An option for anyone who prefers to maintain a manual list of publications, or supplement the automatic list.
- Highlights: Use the card option to add a relevant illustration, artwork, book covers, or to highlight something else. (How to)
- Publications: Your automatic publications list uses the activities you have registered in Cristin.
- Courses this academic year: Courses in which you have an official role are shown here (based on FS data). You can hide this if desired and create a separate manual subject list by using the free text field (see next point).
- Free text field: Describe your teaching activities, promote a seminar, or use this field to supplement the automatic course list above.
- Advising: Describe subject areas in which you are an advisor for master and doctoral candidates.
- Highlight media contributions: An option to highlight blog posts, interviews and other visually using a card option at the top of the tab. (How to)
- List: This tab will automatically list any media/dissemination activities you have registered in Cristin, but you control how many are shown.
Text formatting options
- Use the language button at the top of the editing page to access either the Norwegian or the English version of your page. Please provide information in both languages.
- Norwegian: Choose between "bokmål" and "nynorsk" for the Norwegian version of your page from the left menu > Account and consent.
The Account and consent options can be useful if you wish to:
- Change your university account password (Feide), used for most systems at the university.
- Record your driver's license, a prerequisite for borrowing a university car.
- Access the ICT regulations you consented to.
Who can see my profile page?
Employee profiles are open to the world. If you wish to confirm that you have a public employee page, you will find a link to the public version at the top of the page in edit mode. Click it. You will notice that any changes, additions or removals to your profile in Innsida will reflect on your public employee pages (ntnu.no and ntnu.edu). If you linking to, or sharing your profile with others make sure to send the public link.
Exception: Most student employees will not have a publicly accessible employee profile even if they are employed as a student assistant. There may be exceptions. Check for a link at the top of your profile in edit mode, if you are employeed as a student assistant.
Students: Student profile pages are only visible to logged-in users (employees and other students). They are not visible to people outside NTNU.
Detailed tutorials for My Profile
- Adding tags and keywords
- Contact info sources and consequences
- Formatting text
- Highlight research activity
- Add or change profile picture
- Can I hide my profile page?
Child Pages (8)
Publications you register in Cristin will automatically be included on your profile page, but you can easily adjust the list. Innholdsfortegnelse [-] Display options Sorting options Frequently...
Contact info details in My profile
How to change profile photo at Innsida and ntnu.no/ntnu.edu. Norsk versjon: Legg til eller endre profilbilde Main page: Edit your profile page| Pages labeled with profile Add or change your profile...
How to change your contact info on My Profile in Innsida. Innholdsfortegnelse [-] Office address Telephone number Email CV Department affiliations Work title Name Contact Norsk versjon: Endre...
The text editor allows you to create headings, bullet points, links and use special characters on your profile page. Norsk versjon: Formattere tekst på Min profil Main page: Edit your profile page...
Some of your activities are more important than others and should not disappear in a long list of your activities. For example, you may want to highlight a book you've written, a music album you've...
This page pertains to how both students and employees can control the visibility of their Innsida profile page and contact information. Innholdsfortegnelse [-] Employee profile pages Student...
The keywords and disciplines you register in Cristin will automatically be included on your NTNU profile page. Below is a guide to adding and changing these keywords. Norsk versjon: Emneord på Min...