Electric cars for work-related use - Kunnskapsbasen
Electric cars for work-related use
NTNU employees can reserve electric cars for work-related use. Norsk versjon: Låne elbil til tjenestekjøring
- Regulations for borrowing electric cars
- Overview of available electric cars
- How to register a driver's license on Innsida
- Reserving an electric car
- All cars are equipped with GPS
- How to use the electric cars
Only employees can borrow electric cars.
The electric cars only be used for short meetings and it is not possible to book the cars for full-day meetings.
Transport of equipment, tools and other technical devices is not permitted. It is also not allowed to reserve an electric car on behalf of others and to bring students in the cars.
If you do not have card access to key cabinets for car keys, this must be reported to NTNU Help. Remember to state the card number on your employee card.
Employees who want to borrow an electric car for work-related use must now register driver's license information on Innsida before being able to reserve an NTNU electric car in Outlook. HR-portalen is updated once a day, so registration must take place the day before the reservation can be made.
It is not allowed to reserve electric cars on behalf of others.
Remember to bring the charging cable in the car when you're leaving the car park.
Regulations for borrowing electric cars
- The electric cars are only available for work-related use and activities in connection with NTNU.
- The electric cars may not be used for private purposes because the insurance does cover this. The employee will/may be held personally liable for accidents/accidents using NTNU's electric cars in private errands. (Read more under "All cars are equipped with GPS" and Statens personalhåndbok punkt 10.21.1.).
- The cars may only be used for short meetings; not full-day meetings or field visits where the car will be placed unused for a day or over several days.
- Due to insurance regulations, you must always park the electric car at NTNU after use. You cannot park the car at home and keep it there overnight
- You can park the (NTNU) electic car free of charge at NTNU's parking lots, but please avoid parking in Zone K at Kalvskinnet and at HC and MC parking lots. Parking fees in public car parks must be paid by the person using the car.
Overview of available electric cars
The cars have names that indicate where they are parked / should be parked after use.
The electric cars "NTNU Gløs Bil 1 (EC13647)" og "NTNU Gløs Bil 2 (EC13648)" are parked between Chemistry Block 1 and 2 in Sem Sælands vei.
The locker is located in Central Building 1, by the exit to Skiboli
The electric car "NTNU Gløs Bil 3 (EC13649)" are parked outside Elektro B.
The locker is located in the entrance at Gamle Elektro.
The electic cars "NTNU Gløs Bil 4 (EV41678)", "NTNU Gløs Bil 5 (EK60112)" and "NTNU Gløs Bil 6 (EK17139)" is parked outside Grønnbygget. The locker is located in the entrance in the same building
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card.
Names of electric cars:
- NTNU Gløs Bil 1 (EC13647)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 2 (EC13648)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 3 (EC13649)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 4 (EV41678)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 5 (EK60112)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 6 (EK17139)
The key can be borrowed from Maren Ellingsberg i Olav Kyrres gate 9, MTFS rom 3217, but she is not able to answer questions about the cars or the loan scheme.
Name of electric car:
- NTNU MH Bil 1 (EL41485)
Location: Parking garage Finalebanen
NB: You have to bring the charger cable with you; do not leave it in the parking garage.
See the map of electric car parking spaces
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card. The locker is located in Building 6, level 3, exit C.
Names of electric cars:
- NTNU Dragvoll Bil 1 (EL41890)
- NTNU Dragvoll Bil 2 (EL41891)
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card. The locker is located near the entrance on the ground floor of the A-block.
Name of electric car:
- NTNU Moholt Bil 1 (EL41889)
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card. The locker is located in the entrance faceing the Snekkerverksted in Akrinn.
Name of electric cars:
- NTNU Kalvskinnet Bil 1 (EL54546)
- NTNU Kalvskinnet Bil 2 (EL84834)
- NTNU Kalvskinnet Bil 3 (EL84832)
- NTNU Kalvskinnet Bil 4 (EL84833)
Trondheim Biological Station
The key is retrieved from a safe managed by employees at the station.
Name of electric car:
- NTNU TBS Bil 1 (EL61849)
Key is found in key cabinets by elevator in building A, 1st floor. To open the key cabinet, you must have ordered the car. Key is extracted from a key cabinet that opens with your access card: Drag card reader, enter PIN code + #
Name of electric car:
- NTNU Tungasletta Bil 1 (EL84836)
How to register a driver's license on Innsida
1/ Go to "My Profile" on Innsida
2/ Select "Account and consent" in the menu in the upper left corner
3/ Register your driving licence in the box "Driving licences"
Reserving an electric car
1. Create a New meeting in your Outlook calendar
2. Click on the "To" button
You should check the cars' availability before you send your reservation request via your Outlook calendar. That way you will not have to receive an unnecessary e-mail telling you that the car is unavailable.
3. Search for and select all the cars that belong to your workplace. Select several cars by pressing and holding the CTRL button while selecting. Click OK.
4. Click on Planning assistant / Planning (Mac)
5. Find an available time period for one of the cars. Remember to uncheck the cars you don't want to reserve.
6. Go back to Agreement
7. State the purpose of your electric car reservation (e.g. «Meeting with Sintef») in the subject line.
8. Select time period (NB: Remember that you have to drive to and from your destination).
9. Click on Send. You will receive a reservation confirmation. The reservation should also be visible in your calendar.
All cars are equipped with GPS
The reason for this is that all use of government cars has to be documented (see the Government Personnel Manual, subsection 10.21.1. (in Norwegian)). To ensure that this is correctly executed, the Technical Division has installed electronic log-books in all vehicles.
The system uses GPS to register the vehicle's position. We do not register who the driver is, only the car's movements. We have a "passive" map system, which allows us to see where the vehicle is at any given time, but we cannot follow the vehicle's movements on the map.
The vehicle's positions are registered automatically, and the registration meets all applicable requirements. Registered data is stored for 10 years.
Government electrical cars must not be used for private purposes, as this is not covered by the insurance. Employees will be held personally responsible for accidents occurring while using NTNU cars for private purposes.
How to use the electric cars
The cars have only 4 seats.
You have to unlock the car to release the charger cable. Press the "unlock" button on the remote control.
Bring the charger cable in the car when you leave the parking lot. This prevents the charger cable from being stolen, and allows you to charge the car at your destination. An extra charger cable is located in the boot.
Starting the car
Put the key in the ignition (the key appears when you press the blank button on the remote). Depress the brake pedal and "start" the car for approx. 3 seconds. The brake pedal will sink slightly. When turning on the ignition, a few warning and indicator lights will appear during the function check. These will disappear after a few seconds.
Driving the car
With the brake pedal depressed, shift the shift lever to D. Release the brake pedal and depress the accelerator pedal carefully, and you are on your way. This car has an automatic transmission, so you do not have to change gears.
Parking the car
Back the car (!) into its parking space (unless it is possible to continue forward after parking).
Depress the brake pedal – pull the handbrake – shift the shift lever to "P". Remove the key and lock the car when you leave it.
This car is equipped with an electronic log-book. All movements are electronically registered via the GPS control unit.
Always fill out the notice of claim if any damage to the car occurs. The notice of claim form is located in the glove compartment.
For errors and damages on electric cars, call 918 97 373, available 24/7. You must always fill out the notice of claim in case of any damage to the car! The notice of claim form is located in the glove compartment.
General questions about the electric car system at NTNU? Contact the Property Division: firstname.lastname@example.org/ phone 91897696
Key is found in key cabinets by elevator in building A, 1st floor. To open the key cabinet, you must have ordered the car and bring your admission card. Key is extracted from lockbox that opens with your access card: Drag card reader, enter PIN code + #
If you do not have card access to key cabinets for car keys, this must be reported to NTNU Help. Then remember to state the card number on your employee card.