Banner overskrift - Reise
A guide for employees
Temaside reise - hovedportlet
Booking a flight, hotel room or rental car
Urgent bookings: Call Berg-Hansen travel agency. Tel: 08050 (+47 22 00 80 50 from abroad). Please note that after normal opening hours 08.00 - 17.00, the service will have an additional cost.
For questions about NTNU`s travel agreements, contact the Financial devicion.
Regulations: Travel guidelines
- Check that you have received a confirmation email within 4 hours of booking your trip.
- Download Berg-Hansen app from App Store, Google Play or from berg-hansen.no
- We recommend that you pay using a credit card so that you will be insured during your trip.
- Register credit card in the Self-service portal
- In some cases, you can be given a travel advance.
- Pre-approval of travel has not been introduced as a common requirement at NTNU as of 1 January 2023, but there may be local guidelines where you work
- Information securety on travel
- Advice for safe travel - Sikresiden.no
Group travels: Send an email to email@example.com
During your travels
- In an emergency abroad: Important telephone numbers and advice. Remember to contact your supervisor.
- Emergency on travel - Sikresiden.no
- contact Berg-Hansen. -
- Food expenses - Per diem allowance
- Register expenses during your travel: How to register travel expenses in the DFØ app
- What codes to register travel time in the Self-service portal
Travel expenses form
- Employees register travel expenses in the Self-service portal
- Non-employees register travel expenses in "Betalmeg"
- You are not to send in travel expenses to NTNU if you are self-employed (in Norwegian)
Do you have travel expense claims from 2022? The deadline for submitting an expense claim was 8 December 2022. In the self-service portal, you cannot enter dates before 2023. Such bills must therefore be registered in the Self-Service Portal or DFØ app with a fictitious date. Write 1.1.23 and indicate the real date in the comment field. If you have multiple bills, the next one must have a different date than the first.
Reise illustration (image by Jenifer Corrêa CC-BY )
Travel - related guides
- Do you need a visa?
- Find out more about the country where you are headed (safety, etiquette, etc.; in Norwegian)
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs