Banner overskrift - Reise
A guide for employees
Temaside reise - hovedportlet
Booking a flight, hotel room or rental car
Urgent bookings: Call Berg-Hansen travel agency. Tel: 08050 (+47 22 00 80 50 from abroad). Please note that the service will lead to an additional charge.
Regulations: Travel guidelines
- Check that you have received a confirmation email within 4 hours of booking your trip.
- Typically, you pay for your travel yourself and your expenses are refunded afterwards.
- Download Berg-Hansen app from App Store, Google Play or from berg-hansen.no
- We recommend that you pay using a credit card so that you will be insured during your trip.
- Register your credit card in PAGA. Transactions will then be listed in the travel expense account.
- In some cases, you can be given a travel advance.
- Use this form if you need pre-approval of your travel.
During your travels
- In an emergency: Important telephone numbers and advice. Remember to contact your supervisor.
- contact Berg-Hansen. -
- Food expenses - Per diem allowance
Travel expenses form
- You can not submit the travel expenses form ahead of time. Send this as soon as possible after completed travel, no later than one month after your travel is over.
- Attach original receipts to the travel expenses form.
Record your expenses exactly as they appear on the receipts, with the correct date, amount and currency. See advice to avoid getting your travel claim in return and delayed reimbursement.
- If several people have to divvy up travel expenses
Reise illustration (image by Jenifer Corrêa CC-BY )
If you have questioins about travel expenses, please contact your supervisor or local HR-contact.
NB: NTNU's central service center is gradually taking over responsibility for travel-related issues. See if it applies for you unit and contact information for the service center (only in Norwegian).
Travel - related guides
Temorary or contract-based employees
- Do you need a visa?
- Find out more about the country where you are headed (safety, etiquette, etc.; in Norwegian)
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs