Research Data @NTNU
Banner - Research Data
hva er research data @ntnu
What is Research Data @NTNU?
- a central support service for research data
- a service for researchers and students at NTNU
- a contact point for faculties and institutes at NTNU
- a collaboration between the University Library and NTNU IT
NTNU requires good research data management
Research data at NTNU should be managed according to best practice and be as open as possible and as closed as necessary. Data containing personal information must be processed according to GDPR and NTNU guidelines.
Data Management Plan (DMP)All research projects at NTNU should develop a Data Management Plan describing how the research data will be managed.
NTNU Open Research DataResearch data at NTNU can be published and shared openly in our repository for research data, NTNU Open Data.
Already existing data could be of use in your research project.
Here are some resources and databases where you can search for data:
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Elsevier Data Search
- Google data search (Beta)
- Registry of Research Data Repositories
It is also possible request access to several different public databases and registries:
If you use existing data, it is important to cite the data set. for an example of how to do this, see advice from DataCite.
All research projects at NTNU should develop a data management plan.
- There are several different tools that can be useful when writing a DMP.
If your research data includes personal data, you should as a default report you project to NSD. For more information:
The storage guide
The storage guide provides an overview over several of the available solutions at NTNU.
The data collection guide gives an overview of digital tools that are recommended when recording sound and video, for example when doing interviews.
Research data and source code at NTNU should be archived and published as open as possible.
We have regular courses on data management plans in the Virtual Library.
Presentation from our course in data managent plans: DMP in one-two-three.
nyttig selvhjelp og kontakt
- ELIXIR Norway - support and tools for life science research
- Course in data management on FOSTER e-learning platform (EU project)
- MOOC on Open Science from TUDelft
- PhD on Track
- Mantra Research Data Management Training
- MOOC on Research Data Management and Sharing from Coursera
- Cessda Data Management Expert Guide
If you cannot find the information you are looking for, contact Research Data @NTNU through NTNU Hjelp. External users can send an email to email@example.com (if you have an NTNU user account your request will be handled in the NTNU Hjelp portal).