Using Keywords on My Profile - Kunnskapsbasen
Using Keywords on My Profile
The keywords and disciplines you register in Cristin will automatically be included on your NTNU profile page. Below is a guide to adding and changing these keywords.
Register keywords as tags with Cristin. The effective use of keywords (also called subjects or tags) in your profile and publications will help to make your profile and publications more visible when individuals search for these terms using Google.
Create or change subject tags
Open Cristin in a new window in your web browser. Click the flag icon to switch to English, and log in using your NTNU username and password.
- From the left menu in Cristin, click on Researchers (Forskere)and then My Profile.
- Click the Edit profile link (also to the left)
- Scroll down the page until you find Academic discipline, subject, country, region linked to person, and click on Add subject.
- Type in your subject (keyword) and click Search for subject.
- Choose the keywords you deem relevant. These selections are already registered and in use by other researchers.
- If you do not find a word that applies to you, click Add new subject
- You can repeat the process until you have two or three keywords (recommended).
You can also select a discipline with which to associate the keyword on the left to focus your topic. See the next section
Add an academic discipline
While you are editing your research profile in Cristin (as described above):
- Scroll down the page until you find Academic discipline, subject, country, region linked to person, and click on Addsubject.
- Click Add academic discipline.
- From the drop down menu, select a discipline that is relevant to your work
- Additional sub-disciplines will be listed. There are four levels from which you can choose.
Why hasn't my keyword registered?
Have patience, it can take up to 24 hours before your keywords are registered.
Why do I see an error message?
If you see this message where the keywords should be, the problem is temporary. This error may occurs when NTNU's servers are unable to exchange data with Cristin's system. You should wait an hour and try again.
Adding keywords manually to My profile
You can also add keywords manually. This applies in particular to administrative staff who do not have access to enter subject words into Cristin. Click on the About tab on My profile > the field for keywords, and enter words that describe your fields of expertise.