Benefits and discounts - Kunnskapsbasen
Benefits and discounts
As an employee at NTNU, you have access to a number of benefits. These include everything from courses and other educational measures, pensions and insurance schemes, opportunities for flexible working hours and holidays, to various discounts and offers.
Norsk versjon - Fordeler og rabatter
- E-learning - Here you can find NTNU`s internal courses.
- NTNU Videre has courses and studies that can be combined with work.
Insurance and pension
- NTNU employees are covered by group life insurance through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. (in Norwegian only)
- Pension and pension while abroad
- The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (in Norwegian only) offers mortgage loans to all state employees (this means you, if you have a job at NTNU).
- Permanent and temporary NTNU employees can apply for a credit card. This card is your personal card, but offers benefits that are negotiated by NTNU.
- Newspaper (in Norwegian only)
- NTNU owns a mountain hut in Kongsvoll, in the Dovre Mountains. A number of other departments or groups may also offer mountain huts to their employees, but you must check with your division to find out more.
- Computer glasses
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation of workplace
- Health care services (in Norwegian only) - Foreign employees and students without Norwegian ID numbers should contact Gløshaugen medical center (73 59 32 80, Richard Birkelands vei 5 next to NTNU Gløshaugen). When the foreign employee or student has receive a Norwegian ID number, they too should contact their general practitioner.
- Psychologist service for employees
- Grants and gifts to employees
- Cell phone, mobile cell phone and wifi
- Fitness and exercise - Here you find information about training during working hours.
- Massage (employees at NTNU in Gjøvik only) - Masseur Svein Erik Hagen visits NTNU in Gjøvik wednesday between 07.30 and 13. Send SMS to +47 40 40 10 67 for booking.
- Welfare funds - Every year NTNU employees get financial support for welfare measures, such as for corporate sports and The pensioners' association.
Concerts and other events
NTNU's students and employees are often given discounts for various concerts and other events.
- NTNU Kveld (in Norwegian) - NTNUs academic environment presents knowledge and cultural experiences to the public.
- Arrangementer for studenter og ansatte - Information channel about events for students and employees at NTNU.
Last edited: 21.09.2020