Practical guide to IMA - Kunnskapsbasen
Practical guide to IMA
On this page, you will find useful information for employees at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (IMA).
- Administrative support at IMA
- Technical support at IMA
- Wikipage laboratory equipment
- Working in the labs
- Access to the booking system (BookitLab)
- Access to labs
- How to get a Key card or key
- Computers and computer accessories
- Safety glasses with vision correction
- How to print
- How to send a package
- Getting supplies and ordering chemicals or other goods
- What to do when you leave IMA
- Useful links at IMA
- Useful links at NTNU
The department consists of three locations/buildings:
- Chemistry building 1 and 2 (K1/K2)
- Alfred Getz’ vei 2 (AGv) also known as the Berg building
- Kalvskinnet (Akrinn)
The administration mostly has offices on the first floor in AGv.
Administrative support at IMA
Who in the department administration can help you? On this page you find who might help you in various administrative areas at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Technical support at IMA
Wikipage laboratory equipment
Working in the labs
Before starting work in the labs, you need to attend an HSE course at the department and fill out a risk assessment for your work.
- To signup for an HSE course contact the HSE Coordinator at IMA, Anita B. Olsen.
- Template and information about the risk assessment
The filled form should be sent to the HSE Coordinator.
- In addition, for work in labs inAGv, you also need to attend an info meeting which is held regularly. Check bookitlab for sign-up or contact Pål Skaret.
Access to the booking system (BookitLab)
The Department uses BookitLab for booking all instruments, bookings will be charged on your project. To get started: activate your account by logging on to the system using your NTNU username and password.
Afterward, you need to have a project added to your user. For Ph.D. candidates send your project number with the supervisor on cc to Anne-Grethe Nilsen (projects starting on 7 or 8) or Sebastian Stixrud (projects starting on 9).
Access to labs
Fill out the room access form (xlsx) and send it to the room responsible person, go through lab training/intro with the room responsible.
How to get a Key card or key
Computers and computer accessories
Responsible at IMA: Anita Storsve
For computer support contact Orakeltjenesten, the employee desks are located at:
- Gløshaugen - Sentralbygg 1, rom 127. Alfred Getz' vei 3
- Kalvskinnet - Sukkerhuset, rom 115. Sverres gate 15
Both locations are open 08:00 - 15:45 (Monday-Friday)
Online store for ordering PC.
If you want to order PC / Mac, keyboard, mouse, roller mouse, headset, adapter, webcam, cables, and other equipment for PC / Mac that you cannot find in the online store, go to the Self Service Portal NTNU Hjelp.
Safety glasses with vision correction
Employees can order safety glasses with vision correction, here is information on how to order.
How to print
- Install the printer on your computer
- Send the relevant documents to the installed printer
- Swipe your employee card on the printer and press the “follow-you print” button
- Select documents to print and press
- Q&A on printing
How to send a package
- Fill out a proforma invoice, it is important to fill out content, value, contact info sender, contact info receiver
- Make 3 copies
- Put 3 copies and the package at the delivery point in Realfags building on a table in this corridor: E1-021
- Place an order in the e-vaktmester, choose the service category Transport/port, and mention if you want to track the package
- Someone from transport will pick it up and you will get a notice
- For questions, contact 73595403
Flights, hotels, car rentals, and train: you can book all travels yourself
More information on traveling
Business credit card: if you can’t pay through the ordering system, use your business credit card.
Information on getting your credit card - Make sure you get a receipt for the purchase.
Getting supplies and ordering chemicals or other goods
If the item is in IMA storage you can get it from the technical personnel, see the table below.
|Item||How to get it (K2)||How to get it (AGV)||How to get it (Akrinn)|
|Basic lab equipment such as glassware, bottles, syringes, etc.||Write what you need on the list in the reception (K2-132) |
Pick it up the next day
|Order the equipment through BookitLab or contact Marit Elinda Olaisen Odden or Dmitry Slizovskiy||Contact room responsible|
|Alumina||Contact Pei Na Kui||Same as above||Contact room responsible|
|Ethanol||Contact any K2 engineer||Berit Kramer||Contact room responsible|
|Liquid N2||Contact Elin Albersten|
Backup Pei Na Kui, Sergey Khromov
|Contact Sergey Khromov|
Back up Elin Albersten, Pei Na Kui
|same as K2|
|Chemicals from the storage||Write what you need on the list in the reception. Pick it up the next day||Berit Kramer||Contact room responsible|
|Ordered package||You can find the package with your name on it in the reception (K2-132)||Ordered goods are usually delivered to Anne Grethe in E-123|
If the item is not in storage, it needs to be ordered, see this document: General information - how to order chemicals and various goods – IMA.
The Faculty of Natural Sciences (NV) also has three workshops available that can be used to make equipment:
- Mechanical workshop (Only in Norwegian)
- Glass workshop (Only in Norwegian)
- Electronic workshop (Only in Norwegian)
What to do when you leave IMA
Go through and fill out the End of project form (Docx). In this process, you must clean out your office and any labs you have been using and get the room responsible for the labs to sign that you have done so. Give back your computer, key and organize any files which should be handed over to other people.
You are responsible for disposing of all the samples/chemicals you have, if the supervisor wishes to keep the samples/chemicals, an agreement has to be made with those responsible for storage areas. Samples/chemicals must be either transferred to a new owner or disposed of as hazardous waste. DO NOT leave IMA before this is done.
Useful links at IMA
Useful links at NTNU
- General information on almost everything - Intranet (Innsida)
- Payment, travel claims, register Holiday, etc. (Selvbetjeningsportalen)
- NTNU help - various requirements
- Booking system
- Reporting deviations
- Campus service
- NTNU course
- Summary page for HSE guidelines at NTNU
Child Pages (2)
On this page you find information on who might help you in various administrative areas at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (IMA). For other administrative information, routines...
Information on technical support available at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (NV) is organized by the three locations: Chemistry building 1 and 2 (K1/K2) Alfred Getz’ vei 2...