Order safety glasses - Kunnskapsbasen
Order safety glasses
Here you will find information on how to order safety glasses with and without vision correction.
Norsk versjon - Bestille vernebriller
Safety glasses without vision correction
All orders must be clarified with your closest leader.
Safety glasses with vision correction
Safety glasses with vision correction are CR-approved safety glasses with individually correction in the lenses.
The safety glasses are delivered in danger classifications S or F.
- Danger classification S is usually used in low-risk laboratories and workshops.
- Danger classification F is used in areas with a risk of particles (scobs, splinters, dynamite) hitting the eye area.
In some cases, a visor or more comprehensive protective equipment might be necessary.The optician will assist with the selection of the safety glasses.
How to get safety glasses with vision correction
- Contact your leader and get approval to order safety glasses with vision correction.
- Schedule an appointment for an eye examination with the optician with which NTNU has a purchase agreement (use the search word "databrille" or "vernebriller"). State that there will be an electronic order from NTNU afterward
- Submit the Purchase Requirement Form. Specify the chosen store in «Leverandør». Your local orderer receives this and sends an electronic order to the optician in the chosen store.
- Fill out the measurement form for safety glasses and bring it with you to the examination. NB: Remember to clarify the protection class before the eye examination!
- State your name and that you are employed at NTNU when attending the eye examination
- If you need safety glasses with vision correction, the unit will cover the cost of some models. If you want a more expensive model than the ones covered by NTNU, you must pay the excess yourself. The optician sends an invoice for the eye examination and glasses to your unit.
- If the eye examination reveals issues that should be examined by an eye specialist, you will be sent to an eye doctor. If the issue is caused by your workplace, the unit will cover your portion of the fee of a standard eye specialist appointment.
The optician will call you in for a new assessment of your need for safety glasses with vision correction 2–3 years after the first eye examination. The condition for getting your expenses covered for a new examination is that you are still employed by NTNU.
Any complaints must be submitted as soon as possible, and no later than 3 month after receiving the glasses. Any expenses related to complaints are covered by the optician.
- Your local orderer can help you with the order
- Information about protective equipment and workplace accommodation , The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority (in Norwegian)
- Working in front of a computer screen - regulation and guidance from the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority (in Norwegian)
For questions about working environment and health, see prevention of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (in Norwegian), or contact the company physiotherapist, Tina Hagen at the HR and HSE department.
For questions about routine when buying computer glasses, contact the Finance Department: