Order safety glasses - Kunnskapsbasen
Order safety glasses
Here you will find information on how to order safety glasses with and without vision correction.
Norsk versjon - Bestille vernebriller
Safety glasses without vision correction
All orders must be clarified with your superior.
Fill out the Purchase Requirement Form or contact your local purchaser
Safety glasses with vision correction
Safety glasses with vision correction are CR-approved safety glasses with individually correction in the lenses.
The safety glasses are delivered in danger classification S or F.
- Danger classification S is usually used in low-risk laboratories and workshops.
- Danger classification F is used in areas with a risk of particles (scobs, splinters or the like) hitting the eye area.
In some cases, a visor or more comprehensive protective equipment might be necessary.The optician will assist with the selection of the safety glasses.
How to order safety glasses with vision correction
- Ask your superior with authority to approve costs (budget allocation authority/BDM) for approval before ordering a visual examination.
- Also clarify with your superior which danger classification the safety glasses should have.
- Make an appointment at Brilleland. When you do so, please inform them that NTNU will send an electronic order.
- Fill out the Purchase Request Form well in advance of your appointment.
- You will need to take an approved purchase order from NTNU with you to Brilleland. This can also be submitted before the eye examination by e-mail to the store you have an appointment with.
- Purchase orders cannot be submitted retrospectively.
- We therefore recommend that you submit the Purchase Request Form at least one week before your appointment.
- E-mail addresses to Brilleland’s stores.
- Fill out the measurement form for computer- and safety glasses (pdf) and submit this together with the order by e-mail to the optician, or take it with you to the examination.
- When attending the visual examination, please state your name and that you are employed at NTNU.
- If you need safety glasses with vision correction, your unit will cover the cost of some models. If you want a more expensive model than the ones covered by NTNU, you must pay the excess yourself. The optician will send an invoice for the eye examination and glasses to your unit.
- If the eye examination reveals issues that should be examined by an eye specialist, you will be referred to an eye doctor. If the issue is caused by your work, NTNU will cover your share (“egenandel”/deductible) of the cost associated with this.
The optician will call you in for a new assessment of your need for safety glasses with vision correction 2–3 years after the first examination. In order to get the expenses covered for any follow up or new examinations, you need to still be employed by NTNU at the time of the appointment.
Any complaints must be submitted as soon as possible, and no later than 3 month after receiving the glasses. Any expenses related to complaints are covered by the optician.
- Your local purchaser can help you with the order
- Information about protective equipment and workplace accommodation , The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority (in Norwegian)
Regulation Use of personal protective equipment (chapter 15) - Lovdata
For questions about working environment and health, see preventing work-related musculoskeletal disorders - ergonomics, or contact the company physiotherapist, Tina Hagen at the HR and HSE department.
For questions about the process of ordering safety glasses, please contact the Finance divison.