Leave of absence - for employees
Leave of absence
Note: Do not send a leave of absence form if you are going on a leave from your position in order to hold another position internally at NTNU. Instead, your manager or local HR employee sends information about your new contract via NTNU Hjelp.
- Parental leave
- Time off for breastfeeding
- Leave during pregnancy
- Leave for childcare in connection with birth
- Unpaid parental leave for child care
- Compassionate leave - funerals, illness in close family members
- Care for close family members - caring for family members for a longer period
- Allowance for care of close relatives
What types of activities are not eligible for leave?
Predictable absences, as moving, planning days in school and kindergarten, or a family confirmation or marriage, do not qualify for leave. Instead you should use vacation days or time off in lieu of pay.
How to apply for leave
How to apply for leave of absence
You register and apply for most types of absence in the Self-service portal. For information on the correct type of application, see the information pages on the different types of leave of absence.