Leave for military and civilian national service

Information regarding military and civilian national service.

Norsk versjon - Permisjon ved militær- og sivilarbeidstjeneste

Topic page about leave | Pages labelled with leave

When are you entitled to leave of absence?

You are entitled to leave of absence if you are called up for compulsory or voluntary military service. Voluntary service in international peacekeeping operations lasting up to 24 months also entitles you to leave of absence.

You must notify your immediate manager and the Human Resources Division as soon as possible and well in advance of the service period.

Pay during service

If you have been employed for at least 6 months before the period of service, you are entitled to pay.

Contact your HR-colleague to apply for leave for military or civilian national service.

The full period of compulsory military service counts as pensionable service.

References and legislation

Contact information

Do you have questions or need help? Contact the service center

3143 Visninger