Leave for military and civilian national service - Kunnskapsbasen
Leave for military and civilian national service
Information regarding military and civilian national service.
Norsk versjon - Permisjon ved militær- og sivilarbeidstjeneste
When are you entitled to leave of absence?
You are entitled to leave of absence if you are called up for compulsory or voluntary military service. Voluntary service in international peacekeeping operations lasting up to 24 months also entitles you to leave of absence.
You must notify your immediate manager and the Human Resources Division as soon as possible and well in advance of the service period.
Pay during service
If you have been employed for at least 6 months before the period of service, you are entitled to pay.
The full period of compulsory military service counts as pensionable service.
References and legislation
- Working Environment Act Section 12-12
- Working Environment Act Section 15-10
- Section 21 of Statens personalhåndbok (the Personnel Handbook for State Employees)
Do you have questions or need help? Contact your local HR employee.
Are you employed by:
- Faculty of Economics and Management (OK)
- Faculty Administration at Faculty for Engineering (IV)
- Department of Marine Technology (IMT)
- Department of Manufacturing and Civil Engineering (IVB)
- Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MTP)
- IT Division
- Communication Division
- HR and HSE Division
- NTNU University Library
Use the following contact points for the service center:
- Service telephone: 73 41 31 40