Labour unions - Kunnskapsbasen
Information about the labour unions and safety representatives at NTNU.
Norsk versjon - Fagforeninger.
Looking for something else? Topic page about new at NTNU | Pages labeled with union
- Unions found at NTNU
- Labour union deductions and tax liability
- Safety representative
Unions safeguard your interests and ensure that you have the right to participate in decision making in the workplace. Unions are of particular help in the following different areas:
- Take care of members' interests in central and local wage settlements
- Develop requirements for new labour agreements
- Provide help during labour disputes and the like
- Represent members in association with job appointments
- Keep members informed on relevant wage and work questions
You must contact the relevant labour union yourself to register.
Unions found at NTNU
Overview of the labour unions at NTNU, sorted under the four main associations on the employee`s side.
AKAD - The Federation of Norwegian Professionals Associations
Read about this federation at Akademikerne.no
- AFAG- the Architects' Trade Union Federation (in Norwegian) - Arkitektenes fagforbund
- Econa (for economists) (in Norwegian)
- Juristforbundet (In Norwegian)
- Norwegian Association of Economists - Samfunnsøkonomene
- The Norwegian Associatin of Graduate Teachers - (in Norwegian) -Norsk lektorlag
- Norwegian Association of Physicians in Sciense (NAPS) (in Norwegian)- Foreningen for leger i vitenskapelige stillinger (LVS)
- The Norwegian Dental Association (NDA) - Den norske tannlegeforening
- The Norwegian Psychological Association (NPF) - Norsk psykologforening
- The Norwegian Medical Association (NMA) - Den norske legeforening
- The Norwegian Veterinary Assosiation (DNV) - Den norske veterinærforening
- The Association of Social Scientists (in Norwegian) - Samfunnsviternes fagforening
- Tekna - the Norwegian Society of Graduate Technical and Scientific Professionals
LO - Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions
Read about this confederation at LO.no
- CREO (NMF) (In Norwegian)
- NTL - the Norwegian Civil Service Union
- Skolenes landsforbund (SL) (In Norwegian)
- The Norwegian Union of Social Educators and Social Workers (FO)
UNIO - The Confederation of Unions for Professionals
Read about this confederation at Unio.no
- Akademikerforbundet (in Norwegian)
- Det norske maskinistforbundet (in Norwegian)
- Norsk ergoterapeutforbund (in Norwegian)
- Norwegian Union of Librarians (BF) (in Norwegian)
- Norwegian Physiotherpist Association (NPA) (in Norwegian)- Norsk fysioterapiforbund
- Norwegian Nurses Organisation (NSF) - Norsk sykepleierforbund
- The Norwegian Association of Researchers (NAR) - Forskerforbundet
- The Norwegian Society of Radiographers - Norsk radiografforbund
- The Union of Education Norway - Utdanningsforbundet
YS - The Confederation of Vocational Unions
Read about this confederation at YS.no
- Delta (in Norwegian)
- Parat (in Norwegian)
- Skolelederforbundet (in Norwegian)
These unions are affiliated with AKAD during negotiations.
- Den norske jordmorforeningen (in Norwegian)
- NITO - the Norwegian Society of Engineers and Technologists
- The Norwegian Association of Pharmacists
Labour union deductions and tax liability
Trade union fees can be deducted directly from your salary. The agreement of deduction through the salary is made between the individual member and its trade union.
Deduction for trade union fees are tax-free up to a certain amount each year. When the ceiling for tax exemption is reached, the deduction per month becomes taxable. This will affect your net salary, which usually takes place at the end of each year.
The safety representatives at NTNU`s job is to look after employee intresets related to working enivronment issus.
The Basic Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (Hovedtariffavtalen i staten) and NTNU's adjustment agreement (in Norwegian) regulates the basis for cooperation for real participation and co-determination between the employer and the trade unions at NTNU.
Read more about participation and co-determination
- Tillitsvalgt ved NTNU - Absence of leave (in Norwegian)