Installing printers in Mac OS X - Kunnskapsbasen
Installing printers in Mac OS X
Print from your own Mac to an NTNU printer. Follow the steps below to install printers.
Norwegian version - Installere NTNU-skriver i Mac OSX
Installing NTNU printers in Mac OSX
The following procedure is usually only necessary once.
- Open myprint.ntnu.no in a web browser.
- Click Install printer.
- Select operating system OSX/macOS.
- Click Download Package.
- Open the downloaded folder myPrintInstaller_OSX.
- Run the installer called myPrint Mac OS printer installer.pkg
- Follow the wizard which takes you through the installation.
- The new print queue named NTNU-Print has now been added to your Mac. The first time you print to the queue, you will be required to enter a username and password.
- Your username needs to be entered in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember to select Remember this password in my keychain
Printing in color
As a cost saving measure the printer is set to print in black and white by default. Do the following to print in color:
- Click Print and select the printer named NTNU-Print
- Select Printer features
- Set Color mode: Color
- Printing and copying
- Computer labs for everyone
- Installing printers in Windows
- Installing printers in Linux
- Student allowance for printing
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.