Venues for courses and conferences - Kunnskapsbasen
Venues for courses and conferences
You have a range of venues to choose from if you are organising a training course or a conference. On this page, you can find useful tips and suggestions for venues and contacts.
Norsk versjon - Lokaler til kurs og konferanser
Consider the following
- Who administers the venue?
- How many guests are you expecting?
- Universal design; does the venue accommodate handicapped?
- Do you need a meeting room or group room, as well?
- Food serving
- Guided tour
- Journalist access to the venue
- Induction loop or IR systems
- Common area
Book external venues in Trondheim and the surrounding area
Conference venues at hotels in Trondheim and in the surrounding area included in NTNU’s framework agreement (log on by using your username and password from NTNU)
Book (BtB) or contact your purchaser
Book venues at NTNU
If you wish to use a venue at NTNU you can reserve it via room booking. Employees can book lecture halls for the semester after the schedule has been published.
Regulations about who can book rooms for what, see short-term booking of campus areas.
Questions and requests for reservations far ahead will be answered through NTNU Hjelp.
Common areas on campus
Exhibitions and other events can be arranged in common areas if pre-approved by the Campus Services Division. Using campus areas for exhibitions
This venue at Gløshaugen is administered by Rector. Contact Ingeborg Vasli, Rector’s secretary, if you have questions.
Rådssalen in the Main Building is administered by Rector. All use must be accepted by her. An application must be submitted to Rector via Ingeborg Vasli. Rådssalen can not be used for doctoral defenses. If you want to arrange a doctoral defence in the Main Building, please use Disputasrommet (see information below).
Disputasrommet (formerly Totalrommet)
Disputasrommet in the Main Building is administered by Studieavdelingen, but is reserved for doctoral defenses and is not available for other events within three weeks of a scheduled doctoral defense. Book via room booking.
- Academic events can be held at Dokkhuset free of charge.
- Room for 200 people.
- Dokkhuset requires a contact which will be responsible for the booking.
- Application form and more information about Dokkhuset (in Norwegian)
- Located at Kalvskinnet and has an auditorium that takes 80 people.
- Can only be booked within the museum opening hours (Tues-Fri 10-16) for non-staff at the NTNU University Museum. Reservation is made via room booking.
- During the day, the clerk has the key to the auditorium.
Send an e-mail to Ingrid Venås describing the event. Access is limited (Rector decides in unclear cases).
- Catering: Order catering and food
- Briefly describe the event and scope (e.g. lunch, 30 guests, downstairs dining room/dinner, 50 guests, upstairs dining hall), ask for a menu suggestion unless you have any specific requests. The tables in the downstairs dining room take two guests on the long side, while the tables in the upstairs dining hall take three.
- Alcohol licence: The caterer applies for the licence, and needs to be notified in good time before the event. Once decided on a menu, ask for suitable wines to go with the dinner and the dessert.
- Flowers/decor: Order flowers
- Custodial Services: Contact the Campus Services Division through e-vaktmester a few weeks before the event.
- Practical arrangements: access to the venue, alarms, etc.: Make sure the venue is unlocked when the caterer arrives. After the event: make sure the lights are switched off and that the rooms are clean and tidy; remember to turn the alarm on before you leave. The organiser is responsible for removing any flowers and decorations. Flower pots are stored on top of the cupboard to the right in the smaller room behind the kitchen. If there is a new event early the next morning (check the event list that you received from the secretary), the venue must be ready before the next organiser arrives.
If the conference will include an exhibition, you need to apply to have an exhibition area on campus.
- Apply for an exhibition area by sending an application to Vakt og service.
In the application: give the name of the event, the date and time you wish to arrange the event and what areas you want to use: Building, floor, and rooms/areas. List the contact details for the person responsible for the event and the person in charge of the exhibition.
- The NTNU duty officers are available, for a fee, if the event is held after work hours and requires assistance/security.
- The halls at Dragvoll cannot be used for exhibitions due to the fire safety regulations.
If you have questions, contact Vakt og service.
- Topic page Organize a conference
- Topic page Purchasing