Ordering access to systems and rooms - Kunnskapsbasen
Ordering access to systems and rooms
This English page summarizes the processes for ordering access at NTNU (primarily aimed at the administrative staff working with these matters). For complete descriptions, see the Norwegian page: Bestille tilganger til systemer og rom
All new users at NTNU need a user account to access NTNU’s IT systems, buildings and rooms. New users at NTNU include new employees, guests, or external users
The prerequisites for creating a user account are:
- Signed employment contract for new employees, or access agreement for guests, external parties and other people who do not have an employment contract. Procedures for access agreements vary to some extent at the different units at NTNU. Please contact your local HR contact if you have any questions.
- Register the user in PAGA, the HR portal. Always remember to register their personal email address, because this is what triggers an automatic email to all new users when registration in PAGA has been completed. This email is sent to all new users – employees, guests, and external users – asking them to activate their user account. Always remember to register their private mobile phone number, as this makes it possible for IT to send the password by SMS. Also be careful to enter the correct code for the type of employment, because the code affects further automatic actions related to access.
Note: Due to the introduction of SAP (Paga will be phased out at the turn of the year 2022/2023), a new registration solution must be established for guests. This solution replaces the use of and routines associated with the "access agreement". The solution will be piloted in May-June and will be introduced gradually during the early autumn of 2022. See information about the new guest registration solution.
Activating a user account:
- Users must activate their account themselves, which provides basic IT access. The user will be informed about this in the welcome email.
- If the user has not activated their account, see the web page on activating a user account.
- After activating the account, the user should be operational and ready to get started.
Access beyond basic IT?
If the user also needs access to central administrative systems, this must be ordered at NTNU Hjelp.
Basic IT access
- When registration in PAGA is complete, the user account and basic IT access will be in place: user name, email, directories, storage, etc. When new employees have activated their account, they are operational.
- ONLY if an employee also needs access to central administrative systems, order this at NTNU Hjelp. Do this well in advance of the employee’s starting date! In this way, you can ensure that access to these systems will be in place when the new employee arrives
Central administrative systems that must be ordered in addition. You can order access using the forms in NTNU Hjelp.
- Student administration (the FS student system, the Online Course Planner (Emneplanlegging på nett, EpN), planning of timetables and room booking, Blackboard (local administrator))
- Salaries/finance/human resources and the BDM
Building access and ID card
- To get a building access and ID card, the user must be registered in PAGA.
- The user must have activated their user account.
- To collect the access card, go to Access Control with valid proof of identity. The access card allows access to buildings and rooms according to the unit (k-sted cost centre) registered for the user in PAGA.
- If the user needs extended access, this must be ordered directly from the physical security unit (Vakt og Service), through the manager.
As a manager/HR employee, you thus do NOT need to submit an order for an access card. The physical security unit gets information about the user from the user administration system (BAS). The access card can be collected as soon as the user account has been activated. Remember to bring proof of identity.
Does the new employee need keys? Order keys through NTNU hjelp, under the category "Adgang, nøkler og vakthold (Access, keys and security)".
Access agreement – for visiting researchers/guests/external parties
An access agreement collects personal information securely, and at the same time represents a written agreement showing who will have access, for what period, and for what purpose.
Click here to create a new access agreement: https://studntnu.sharepoint.com/sites/tilgang (Can’t get in? It is easy to register new users using this form in NTNU Hjelp). Creating new access agreements is only to be performed by leaders, and/or administrative staff.
A detailed description for entering into an access agreement is available on the Norwegian page.
Access to Inspera for external examiners
For registration of external examiners and external specialists so that they can access the relevant system (for example, Inspera), see the complete description on this page: The grading process in Inspera Assessment - for administrative employees (only in Norwegian).
Orakel Support Services can help you if you have questions or problems.
Your HR staff can help you if you have questions about agreements and registration in Paga.