Diplomas - Kunnskapsbasen
Norsk versjon - Vitnemål
- You will automatically receive a diploma upon completion of your degree
- Have you lost your diploma?
- Apply for student status after the degree is completed
- Contact information
You will automatically receive a diploma upon completion of your degree
Diplomas are issued automatically after your degree has ended. The degree requirements is regulated by the study plan. As an attachment to the diploma, you will receive a Diploma Supplement (DS). The Diploma Supplement is issued in English, and provides a description of the programme, your grades and a description of the Norwegian education system.
Before you complete your degree - please check the following information in Studentweb:
- your home address must be correct in order for you to receive the paper diploma
- your education plan must be up-to-date and correct
- any change of name and new social security number must be registered in our systems
If you have submitted a complaint regarding a grade or formal errors before the diploma has been produced, the diploma will be withheld until the appeal has been processed. If you have already received your diploma and you complain about a grade included in the diploma, the digital diploma will be updated with the current grade after the the appeal has been processed. For those who have received a paper diploma, you must return the paper diploma before NTNU can process the appeal.
Introduction of digital diplomas at NTNU
From 1 June 2022 students who completed a bachelor's programme, Norwegian master's programme and teacher training (PPU) received a digital diploma. From 1 June 2023 NTNU will produce a digital diploma for all students who complete a degree, with the exception of some joint degrees.
The digital diploma and Diploma Supplement will be available in Studentweb and the Diploma Registry. A digital diploma is a diploma in PDF with a digitally secured signature. The signature is an insurance against forgery and is valid as long as the document is unaltered.
You can easily share your higher education records with prospective employers and others from the Diploma Registry.
You are unable to use FEIDE login to the Diploma Registry after you have completed your studies. You need to log in through ID-Porten (electronic ID). If you do not have an electronic ID already, we encourage you to create one well in advance before you finish your studies. To get an electronic-ID, you must have a Norwegian social security number or D-number. You can find information about electronic-ID here: https://eid.difi.no/en/id-porten
Do you need the paper version of the digital diploma?
The digital diploma will initially be accepted by all Norwegian educational institutions and employers. If you apply for higher education in Norway, the vast majority of institutions automatically collect your results without you having to do anything.
You can order a paper diploma if you cannot access the Diploma Registry with ID-Porten. You can also get a paper diploma if you need to send documentation to foreign educational institutions or employers who do not accept digital diplomas.
- Are you a student or employee at NTNU? Use this ordering form (Feide-login)
- Are you not a employee or student at NTNU? Use this ordering form (login is not required)
Order in due time, preferably 1-2 months before you need the paper diploma. We will first produce the digital diploma, before producing the paper diploma.
Older results may be missing from the Diploma Registry
Some older results have not been digitally recorded. If you cannot use the Diploma Registry to share your results, you may request a copy of your diploma. If we can't provide a copy, we will give you a confirmation of the obtained degree. It is not possible to get a new "original" diploma.
Diploma on paper
The diploma will be sent as a registered letter to the home address you have provided in Studentweb, under My Profile. You must show identification when you collect your diploma, and the diploma will be returned to NTNU if you do not collect it within the deadline.
Take good care of your paper diploma, it is issued only once!
Students who have previously received a paper diploma will not receive the diploma digitally.
Have you lost your diploma?
NTNU has copies of the diplomas that have been issued. If you have lost your diploma, we will send you a copy.
If we do not have a copy, we may in some cases make a duplicate of the diploma. You must be able to document that the diploma is lost, for example with a copy of the police report if it is stolen or confirmation from the insurance company in case of fire. A duplicate is a copy of the original diploma on original paper, but stamped "DUPLICATE" in red on all sides. In some cases, it is not possible to make a duplicate, for example if your diploma is issued by an educational institution that does not exist (e.g. Gjøvik University College, Ålesund University College and Sør-Trøndelag University College). In such cases, you will receive a transcript of grades and a written confirmation from NTNU.
We highly recommend that you use the Diploma Registry.
Apply for student status after the degree is completed
If you have completed a bachelor's degree, master's degree or a doctoral degree at NTNU, you can apply for an active student status which gives you access to open courses. If you want to improve the grade after the diploma has been produced, you may document the new grades with a regular transcript of records.
Contact your faculty if you have questions related to the diploma.
- Faculty of Architecture and Design (AD) → email@example.com
- Faculty of Humanities (HF) → firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (IE) → email@example.com
- Faculty of Engineering (IV) → firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (MH) → email@example.com
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (NV) → firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Social and Educational Sciences (SU) → email@example.com
- Department of Teacher Education (ILU) → firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Economics and Management (ØK) → email@example.com
For questions regarding copies of diplomas from previous university colleges that are now part of NTNU:
- Høgskolen i Gjøvik:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Høgskolen i Ålesund: email@example.com
- Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag: Contact the faculty that is responsible for the study programme today