Zoom - Importing scheduled meetings into your calendar - Kunnskapsbasen
Zoom - Importing scheduled meetings into your calendar
Here you can read about how to import a Zoom meeting that has already been scheduled in your Outlook calendar.
Norsk versjon - Zoom - Hvordan legge planlagte møter i kalender
About planning meetings and the calendar
You can plan meetings in Zoom either through the browser or in Zoom's desktop client. Zoom also has a plug-in for Outlook that allows you to schedule and invite to meetings directly from your calendar. Read more about how to download Zoom here - Zoom video lectures.
Importing a scheduled meeting from the desktop client
- Open the desktop client and click on Meetings.
- Select the meeting that you wish to import into your calendar, and then click Edit. This will take you to the meeting scheduler.
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the meeting scheduler, where you will find a section entitled Calendar - tick off the box next to Outlook to import the meeting into your NTNU calendar. Next, click Save.
- A draft for a calendar event should now have appeared, which you can save in your calendar by clicking Send.
Importing a scheduled meeting from the browser client
- After you have logged in to the browser version, go to Meetings in the left-hand menu.
- Here you will find an overview of upcoming meetings. Click on the name of the meeting you wish to import into your calendar.
- You will now see details about the meeting. Under "Time", you have the ability to import the meeting into your Outlook calendar. Click on Outlook Calendar (.ics).
- You have now downloaded a file containing the calendar event, which you must open in Outlook. To do this, click on the file you downloaded (the download will typically pop up in your web browser; if not, you can find it under "downloads" in your local files). If you are asked to select a program to open the file with, select Outlook.
- A draft of the calendar event should now have appeared, which you can save in your calendar by clicking Save & Close.
The Orakel Support Services can assist you if you encounter any problems.