Special examination arrangements - Kunnskapsbasen
Special examination arrangements
If you have a health problem or a disability which may lead to disadvantages during your exam, you may apply for special arrangements.
Norwegian version - Tilrettelegging på eksamen
Topic page about exams | Topic page about special arrangements
Deadlines for applying:
- 15th September in the autumn semester
- 15th February in the spring semester (does also apply for re-sit exams in August)
If you do not have your documentation before the deadline, you can still apply and send the documentation later. Please submit your documentation within 15 October/15 March.
Examples of special arrangements
We try to find special arrangements adapted to your specific need. We do not have a complete list of arrangements, but here are some examples of special arrangements:
- Extended examination time
- Literacy support for dyslexics
- Adjustable desk
- Smaller examination room
- Access to a room for resting
Apply for special examination arrangements
Apply by filling in the application form (PDF). Submit the application with documentation by post or in person. You will find addresses and contact information for your campus below.
Important! Do not submit the application form and your documentation by email. Due to the content of sensitive personal information, we will not process applications sent by email.
Submit completed application form and documentation to:
- Trondheim: Examination office NTNU, postbox 8900, NO-7491 Trondheim, or in person to the Examination office at G470, Campus Kalvskinnet, Gunnerus road 1, 4th floor (Akrinn West).
- Gjøvik: NTNU in Gjøvik, postbox 191, NO-2802 Gjøvik
- Ålesund: NTNU in Ålesund, postbox 1517, NO-6025 Ålesund, or in person to the reception.
Examples of approved documentation are statements from a doctor, psychologist, speech therapist, physical therapist, or another authorized health care provider.
- The documentation must explain how your health problem or disability gives you a disadvantage during the exam. For example, how the examination time is affected.
- In the application form, you will find a description of documentation requirements. You will also find a doctor’s certificate form. Bring this form to a doctor or another authorized health care provider.
Reading and writing impairment: If you have Dyslexia, we need a report from a speech therapist etc. We do not accept a doctor’s certificate.
Continuing Education (NTNU VIDERE)
Are you a student at NTNU’s Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Development?
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 73 59 66 43
If you become acutely ill or injured after the deadline, your needs will be addressed if possible.
In these cases, you must apply for special arrangements as soon as the need occurs. You must provide documentation which states that your need for special arrangements occurred after the deadline.
If we are unable to give you special arrangements for the current exam, you may apply for legitimate absence. See illness during exam
Use our application form. See: “Apply for special examination arrangements”.
Information regarding reading and writing impairment/Dyslexia
Literacy support for dyslexics: NTNU currently offers LingIT. The software is installed in all our examination computers. If you are granted literacy support for dyslexics, you will have access to LingIT.
NTNU offers courses in LingIT. Please find more information here
Certificate for dyslexia: If you want to attach a certificate for dyslexia to your digital answer paper, please fill out this form. You need to fill out the form for each exam.
Allergy of pollen
Allergies is not considered to give you an unreasonable disadvantage during exams.
However, in severe cases of allergies we may grant you extended examination time. Your documentation must describe the following:
- that your allergies are severe
- what type of pollen you are allergic to
- how your allergies affect the examination time
Response to your application
You will get a response to your application well in advance of your exams.
When your application is processed, you will receive a letter of decision. The letter contains important information regarding the special arrangements you have been granted. We recommend that you read the letter thoroughly and contact us if you have any questions.
See what you have been granted
Please check Studentweb to see what arrangements you have been granted. The special examination arrangements will appear under Active courses and Upcoming events.
Do you have questions regarding special examination arrangements? Please contact us:
- Trondheim: Examination office NTNU, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gjøvik: Education section, email@example.com. Studenttorget v/NTNU i Gjøvik – Tilretteleggingstjenesten
- Ålesund: Seksjon for Utdanning, firstname.lastname@example.org. A student adviser at your department or NTNU Tilrettelegging v/Ålesund may also help you
You may also use our contact form in NTNU Hjelp
Use NTNU username and password (Feide)