Legal advice - Kunnskapsbasen
For employees in need of legal advice from The legal advisers in the Division for Governance and Management Systems.
What can we advice you on
The legal advisers in the Division for Governance and Management Systems can provide advice regarding NTNU-related issues within the following topics:
- external financing and related legal topics
- property law•intellectual property rights / copyright for employees (except in connection with study-related topics)
- the act on public administration
- requests for access according to the Freedom of information act
- privacy/data protection/ GDPR (on a system-level and contracts).
- For questions about privacy in online teaching, see https://i.ntnu.no/nettbasert-undervisning
- NTNU's regulations on management and delegation
Inquiries about other jurisdictions
- Personnel issues, regulations regarding second jobs and research stays abroad for NTNU employees. Contact the HR and HSE department.
- Study-related topics. Contact the Department of Educational Quality.
- Questions related to public procurement, including claims for defects. Contact the Finance division.
- Questions about privacy in online teaching, contact NTNU help
How to contact the legal advisers
Please forward your inquiry for legal advice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An inquiry should contain the following:
- For contracts: Indicate whether the contract is based on a template, what type of template and what changes have been made in relation to original template
- For other inquiries:
- Description of case
- What you need assistance with.
- Relevant documents such as project description, budget and any draft agreements and the like.
- Do not enclose sensitive and confidential personal information. If necessary for the case, such information must be encrypted.
The individual legal adviser can be contacted in cases pending.
As a main rule requests are processed on a “first come first serve” basis.
The legal advisers have a constant influx of legal inquiries. Those seeking legal advice must therefore expect some processing time.