Fitness initiatives for employees in Trondheim - Kunnskapsbasen
Fitness initiatives for employees in Trondheim
Fitness classes are available for all employees at NTNU in Trondheim. The page contains information on when, where and a description of the classes.
Norsk versjon - Felles treningstimer for ansatte ved NTNU i Trondheim
Free classes for employees
- The classes are free for all employees at NTNU
- These classes have been created with help from SiT, but a SiT membership is not required for attending
- Employees may not use strength rooms other exercise facilities after the employee hours have ended
- The current program is valid to 1st May 2022
Dragvoll sports centre
Strong employees (Stærke ansatte): Thursday 14:15-15:00, aerobicsalen. Fitness instructor Nina Helene Aas Røkkum.
Strong employees (Stærke ansatte): Monday 14:15-15:00, hall 4. Fitness instructor Nina Helene Aas Røkkum.
Styrketimen: Thursday, 14:15-15:00, hall 4. Fitness instructor Ragnhild Røsbjørgen.
Description of classes
A strength session with music. The training starts with joint warm-up with simple movements, followed by a strength part with exercises that challenge core muscles and large muscle groups. Everyone performs the same exercise, but with a load adapted to the individual. The class ends with light stretching.
This class involves circuit strength training that challenges your core muscles, strength and condition. 5 working periods à 5 min. Each station has 2–3 exercises that challenge different groups of muscles. The exercises are performed one after the other without pause, and with a difficulty that is adapted to your physical shape.
Wear good shoes. Remember to bring a bottle of water.
- You do not have to sign up for these classes - just show up!
- Bring your personal work-ID and show in the reception when you arrive
- Tina Hagen, occupational physiotherapist