Fitness initiatives for employees in Trondheim - Kunnskapsbasen
Fitness initiatives for employees in Trondheim
Fitness classes are available for all employees at NTNU in Trondheim. The page contains information on when, where and a description of the classes.
Fitness classes for employees are starting again 9 January 2023!
Norsk versjon - Felles treningstimer for ansatte ved NTNU i Trondheim
Follow the channel Trening for NTNU-ansatte to stay updated on the schedule, and get notified if there are changes.
Free classes for employees
- The classes are free for all employees at NTNU
- These classes have been created with help from SiT, but a SiT membership is not required for attending
- Employees may not use strength rooms or other exercise facilities after the employee hours have ended
- The current program is valid to 15th June 2023
Dragvoll sports centre
Strong employees (Stærke ansatte): Tuesday 15:00-15:45, aerobicsalen. Fitness instructor Nina Helene Aas Røkkum.
Strong employees (Stærke ansatte): Monday 15:00-15:45, hall 4. Fitness instructor Nina Helene Aas Røkkum.
Styrketimen: Thursday, 15:00-15:45, hall 4. Fitness instructor Ragnhild Røsbjørgen.
Description of classes
A strength session with music. The training starts with joint warm-up with simple movements, followed by a strength part with exercises that challenge core muscles and large muscle groups. Everyone performs the same exercise, but with a load adapted to the individual. The class ends with light stretching.
This class involves circuit strength training that challenges your core muscles, strength and condition. Each station has 2–3 exercises that challenge different groups of muscles. The exercises are performed one after the other without pause, and with a difficulty that is adapted to your physical shape.
Wear good shoes. Remember to bring a bottle of water.
- You do not have to sign up for these classes - just show up!
- Bring your personal work-ID and show in the reception when you arrive
- Tina Hagen, occupational physiotherapist