Use e-books from the library - Kunnskapsbasen
Use e-books from the library
E-books are available for students and employees at NTNU. On this page you will find information about how to access the e-books and how to use them.
The library provides access to 950 000 e-books.
You can also find some e-books in Google and Google Scholar, or directly from the publisher’s website. But you can only access e-books that the University Library owns or has access to.
Suggest a purchase / resource to: email@example.com
You can read e-books directly online or download them to your PC or mobile device and read them offline. A downloaded book is only available for a limited period of time, just like a regular loan from the library.
An e-book can usually be used by more than one person at a time, while some e-books can only be used by one person at a time. If you can’t access the e-book you want to use it may already be in use. Try accessing it later.
In rare cases you need to log on to FEIDE in order to access the e-book.
To be able to download and use e-books you need to
- install software, like Bluefire or Adobe Digital Editions and create a personal user profile
- create a user profile with the e-book provider to use the downloaded book. When you’re logged in you can write comments and notes in the book you’re using.
How to print or download
You can print pages from some e-books, but the providers have different limits on the amount of pages than can be printed.
The providers offer simple ways of downloading books to your mobile device or PC. Some providers allow you to download the entire book at once, however usually, you can only download one chapter at a time.
Systematic printing is not allowed.
Why can’t you access the book you want?
- Some e-books can only be used by one person at a time. If the book is already in use you will get a notification. Try borrowing it later.
- When the loan period is over, you will not be able to read and use the book. You need to download it again to renew the loan period.
- We don’t have access to the book anymore or the book is owned by another library. Contact the library
- You are not studying or working at NTNU. Our e-books are only available to our students and employees.
- Most of the electronic resources the library provides are only available when you are connected to the NTNU network. Off campus you need to connect via VPN | connect via NTNU software farm
- Try another browser. We recommend that you use Chrome when accessing e-books.
Borrow physical books and other documents?
Do you want to borrow or request a regular book or other documents?
- Contact your local library - if you have other questions