Lighting - Kunnskapsbasen
Your illumination needs change as you age. The nature of your work, impaired vision and disease can also affect what type of lighting you need in the workplace.
Norsk versjon - Belysning
Topic page about HSE | Pages labelled with HSE
Work environment and lighting
Lighting conditions in the workplace affect the safety and efficiency of your job performance. Lighting is also of importance for your health and well-being. Light conditions are affected by:
- General lighting scheme
- Day light and outdoor vision
- The distribution of light in a room
- Light strength
- Spot lighting
Contact Occupational Health Services if you wish to evaluate the lighting conditions in your workplace.
Relevant questions to ask in an HSE inspection
- To what extent are the requirements met in terms of lighting: daylight, view, general lighting and point lighting?
- Does the unit have individuals (due to age, illnesses, impaired vision) or activities (laboratory, workshop) with particular needs in terms of lighting?
- Does the unit have employees who experience the lighting as uncomfortable (too little, too much, reflections in PC screen, glare from lightning fixture)?
- Ergonomics for your office workspace
- Ergonomics in the laboratory
- Electrical systems and equipment
- Working in front of a computer (in Norwegian) - The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- The Norwegian Lighting Institute
- HMS runde - NTNU (Page not finished yet, change link when it has been translated)
- Risk assessments - NTNU
- Regulations concerning Organisation, Management and Employee participation (in Norwegian), chapter 7 - the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- The Workplace Regulations (in Norwegian), chapter 2 - the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- Regulations concerning the Performance of Work (in Norwegian) - the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
- Regulation on working in front of a computer (§14-4) (Norwegian only)
- Regulations on construction and construction products (Norwegian only)
- Occupational Health Services
- Tina Hagen, occupational physiotherapist
- Ann Kristin Sjaastad, occupational hygienist
Approved by Director of HSE - August 24st 2015 - HMSR50E - ePhorte 2016/3901
Målgruppe: Medarbeidere Tema: HMS