EPT fitness activities - Kunnskapsbasen
EPT fitness activities
Various activities and facilities for employees at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT)
Norsk versjon - Denne siden finnes bare på engelsk
Looking for something else? Book an e-bike | Topic page about "Working out" | Pages labeled with "Exercise"
Activity Calendar at EPT
|Activity||Time of year||Day||Where||Contact person||Instructors|
|Sports tournament||Spring semester 2023. See latest messages.||13 June||SiT Gløshaugen||Candy Deck||-|
|Tabata session||Once a week. See latest messages.||Tuesdays 17-18:30||Varmeteknisk, EPTGym||Pauline Zimmermann||-|
|Ski training||Once a week, usually from January. See latest messages||Wednesdays from 11 January||Granåsen skisenter||Bjørn Austbø||Avantas Aktiv|
|Strength training in EPTGym||Available with key access, with ref. to info below. See latest messages||all weekdays||Varmeteknisk, EPTGym||Erik Langørgen||-|
|Running sessions with coach||Once a week, March -October. See latest messages||Wednesdays 17-18||Øya stadion or Granåsen skisenter||Erik Langørgen||Avantas Aktiv, Frank Brissach|
|Year-round-dip outdoors||Monthly. See latest messages.
|Monthly||Promenaden||Emmy Andrea Høiseth||-|
|Bicycle and ski service||Once each semester. See latest messages||-||Gløshaugen, Varmeteknisk||Per Bjørnaas||Selbusport'n|
|Walk in Trondheim||Once each semester (approximately). See latest messages.||13 April||Estenstadhytta||Bjørn Austbø and Marius Døllner||-|
|St. Olavsloppet||28 June - 1 July. See latest messages.||Wed-Sat||Trondheim - Östersund (Sweden)||Ignat Tolstorebrov||-|
|Kayak course||October. See latest messages||TBA||Trondheim area||Håkon Eirik Oppigård Nilssen||PadleNorge|
EPTGym and strength training
The EPTGym is available for all employees at EPT. During the workday, employees at NTNU can exercise 1 hr./week. Facilities at EPTGym include amongst others: weights, treadmill, punching bag, climbing wall. See photo from EPTGym here. All users of EPTGym are responsible for wiping the devices after themselves. No outdoor shoes allowed. The cleaning staff only does basic cleaning such as floor dusting. Disinfectant and paper towels are available.
- Where: EPTGym is in the basement of Varmeteknisk, room B022B.
- How to get there: Enter Varmeteknisk through entrance B, go down the stairs and through the the door with a glass window, and then through the first door you see. This door has a card access panel, all employees at EPT have access to this door. Note that the main door at entrance B is closed outside of work hours, but EPT employees have card access to this door as well.
Changing rooms and showers in Varmeteknisk
- 1 shower for women is found at entrance B, room A317 on the 3rd floor, through the glass doors on your right and inside the restrooms on your left.
- 2 separate unisex showers, are found at entrance A, room C112 through the double glass doors.
- 1 shower for men is found at entrance B, room A217-A on the 3rd floor, through the glass doors on your right and inside the restrooms on your left.
- 4 showers for men are found at entrance C, room 033, in the basement, first door on your left (key card access to entrance C is needed, but you can also enter through corridors from the open entrances A or B in the daytime)
See also: Changing rooms at NTNU
Since 2012, a team from EPT has entered the annual relay race St. Olavsloppet. The race takes place in beautiful natural surroundings and goes between Trondheim and Östersund in Sweden. The relay race lasts for 4 days in the end of June. Every other year, the race changes direction and goes from Östersund to Trondheim.
This is a social event, as well as a running event. The participants live, make and eat food together, and they run, transport, support, help and cheer each other on the way. Read Erik Langørgen’s joyful summary from 2014 here (pdf). See also team photo at the finish line in 2014, a team photo from 2015, and some photos from 2016 here.
Some facts about “loppet”:
- Total distance: 334 km, 51 legs
- The EPT team is number 278
- The number of runners for EPT is usually 20-25
- St. Olavsloppet is named after the Norwegian king Olav Haraldsson who reignd between 1015 and 1030, who later was announced a Saint in the Nordic countries.
- There are about 6000 participants in the relay race, and 200 teams altogether
All employees at EPT are welcome to join the team if they are interested, participation is regarded as normal working days with full pay.
Are you interested in joining the team for St. Olavsloppet? Contact person: Ignat Tolstorebrov
New to the EPT fitness activities?
The goal of our activity programme called "EPTraining" is to have as many as possible of the EPT employees to exercise frequently and to get the benefit of it on the health, working capacity and general well-being. Further, a goal is to make more social meeting points and improve social relations among the employees.
EPTraining is for all levels of fitness and physical skills, and is not meant to be a showcase for those who exercise a lot.
EPTraining involves use of a web-based exercise log at Avantas Aktiv. You get points depending upon the time you exercise and the type of exercise (hiking, running, strength training etc.). The employees enter a team with a team leader, and the teams are competing against each other. Every four months there is an award ceremony (read more about the project (pdf)). See also the closed Facebook group for EPTraining's present and former members.
- Hear what Dafna Gilad and Jan Klenner has to say about EPTraining (video)
- Odne, Jannike and Zibo's thoughts on EPTraining
- Please contact Per Bjørnaas to get started.