Holiday leave for employees
Guidance - for employees
Holiday - manage your holiday leave
Register your holiday in PAGA
Register your holiday/vacation (in Norw.) | Help filling out the form (in Norw.)
When you have cleared your holiday with your leader, please register your holidays in PAGA. Remember to register your holiday by deadline May 1. Any remaining holiday must be registered before mid-November. You will be reminded on Innsida.
In consultation with your supervisor, you can change the dates and lengths of already approved holiday leave. Use the same holiday form and delete any holiday leave you will not take, and then apply for new leave.
Apply to transfer holiday leave to next year (in Norw.) | Help filling out the form (in Norw.)
You can apply to have as much as 14 business days of holiday leave transferred to next year. The deadline is 15 November each year. You can also change/cancel transferred holiday (in Norw.) until the first week of January.
Apply for an advance on your holiday leave (in Norw.) | Help filling out the form (in Norw.)
You can apply for up to 10 business days of holiday leave in advance, with the deadline of 15 November each year. You must have earned the days (2.08 days per month) before you can take them in advance.
Out of office
Ferie - feriepenger
Holiday pay is paid out on 12 June each year, regardless of when you take your time off.
Holiday pay - how and when.
Questions and answers
- How many days of earned holiday leave do I have?
- What happens if I get sick while on holiday leave/vacation?
- What happens with holiday leave if I am on parental leave?
- What kind of holiday leave do I have if I am newly employed?
- What do I need to know if I am 60 or older?
- What happens with my holiday leave if I resign or am dismissed from NTNU?
- For general questions about holiday, contact the Service Senter.
- For clarifications about when to take holiday, contact your nearest manager.