Søknadshjelpen - The Grants Office for MH and Helse Midt-Norge - Kunnskapsbasen
Søknadshjelpen - The Grants Office for MH and Helse Midt-Norge
Søknadshjelpen (the Grants Office) provides advice and support to researchers from the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (MH Faculty, NTNU), St. Olavs Hospital and Helse Midt-Norge Regional Health Authorities who are applying for external funding.
- Procedures for ERC and Coordinated HEU Proposals
- Useful Links
- Templates, Guidelines and Tools
- Upcoming Events
- The Team
- Help to find funding opportunities that fit your research interests. Our advisers have an in-depth overview of international and national funding opportunities. We can help you to find funding opportunities suited to your particular research interests/group/career stage, both in the short and long-term.
- Hands on support with your grant application. Our advisers will help you to understand the requirements of the funder; advise you on how to set up your budget; assist with online application forms and other administrative requirements of the funder; review your grant application to help you to target it to funder's evaluation criteria. For large grant applications where NTNU is in the lead (e.g. collaborative Horizon Europe applications where NTNU is the project coordinator), we can help you to manage the application process, including setting up timelines, dividing responsibilities, and managing communication with project partners.
- Contractual management: we can assist you with contract negiotations with the funder, and for collaborative projects, we can advise you on how to set up a consortium agreement.
- Training: We offer training in a wide range of topics related to external funding (including training in specific funding schemes and how to write grant applications). See below for our upcoming training events.
- How to address sustainability in your research project (.pdf)
- MSCA-PF 2022 Annotated Template (.pdf)
All scientific staff at the MH faculty must submit an "Expression of Interest" (EOI) at least 6 months before the EU application deadline if they wish to submit a proposal to:
- The ERC Starting Grant or Consolidator Grant scheme
- A coordinated Horizon Europe (HEU) proposal
Scientific staff must follow the procedure (.pdf) for submitting an EOI, and use the appropriate template for ERC (.docx) or template for coordinated HEU proposals (.docx). As part of the EOI, scientific staff may also request funding to support them in the preparation of their EU proposal. If funding is to be requested, the budget template (.xlsx) must be completed and sent along with the EOI to email@example.com. Scientific staff who do not submit an EOI within the specified time frame, or who submit an EOI that is deemed uncompetitive, will be able to access neither financial support nor support from Søknadshjelpen in the preparation of their EU proposal.
- Funding for Health Research
- Temasiden Veiledning til helseforskning
- Prosjektstøtte for forskere ved MH
- Online events for forthcoming calls with the Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) European Partnership on 12-15 December 2022 (call 3) and 18-19 January 2023. Click here to register for the events.
- The Research Council of Norway regularly organises training events and workshops - Access the calendar here - Four courses will be held in Trondheim this Autumn: Grant Writing (10-12 October), Project Management and Reporting (16-17 November), Dissemination, Exploitation and Innovation in Horizon Europe (23 November), Horizon Europe Proposal Writing (24-25 November)
For general inquiries about EU funding opportunities, please use: EUresearch@mh.ntnu.no.
Emma Louise Walton
Senior Research Adviser
Coordinator of Søknadshjelpen
Fredrik Hjulstad Bækkerud
(National funding and NIH)
Senior Research Adviser
Bjarte Aune Bergstrøm
Research Adviser, St Olavs Hospital
Vikram Singh Parmar
Child Pages (3)
Here is a list of funding opportunities relevant for health that are available to applicants in Norway (note that some opportunities are region-specific). The list is intended to be as extensive as...
As part of the MH Faculty's Action Plan for Horizon Europe, we are keen to promote the MSCA-postdoctoral fellowships scheme as a way to: 1. Bring talented early career stage researchers to NTNU...