Language in examination question papers - Kunnskapsbasen
Language in examination question papers
When creating a examination question paper, remember to check with the department administration requirements for languages and forms of Norwegian. På norsk: Språk og målform på eksamensoppgave.
The term ‘Scandinavian language’ refers to either Norwegian, Danish or Swedish. The below regulations do not apply to language courses.
- Exam questions given in Norwegian must be given in both written standards (bokmål and nynorsk). If all students have chosen the same written standard, the exam questions can be given only in this written standard.
- If the teaching is given in a Scandinavian language, the exam questions should be given in Norwegian. The faculty can decide to also give the exam questions in English.
- If the course is taught in English, the exam questions should be given in English. The faculty can decide to also give the exam questions in Norwegian.
- If a considerable part of the course’s curriculum is in English, the faculty can decide to also give the exam questions in English, even if the course is not taught in English.
- The exam paper can be written in a Scandinavian language or in English, as long as no regulations state otherwise in the course description or in the study plan.
- The MA thesis must be written in English or in a Scandinavian language. Theses written in a Scandinavian language must include an abstract in English. Theses written in English must include an abstract in a Scandinavian language. If the student does not know a Scandinavian language, the faculty can grant exemption from this regulation.