Zoom - How to schedule meetings - Kunnskapsbasen
Zoom - How to schedule meetings
Here you can read more about how to schedule a meeting in Zoom, and how to preset settings for the meeting.
Norsk versjon - Zoom - Hvordan planlegge møter
About scheduling meetings in Zoom
Meetings in Zoom can be scheduled either through your browser, or the desktop client if you have it downloaded. The two methods are mostly identical. You can read more about how to download the desktop client here.We recommend that you in advance of scheduling meetings log in to Zoom with your NTNU account - this will be of help with adding the meeting to your Outlook calendar, and also confirm your identity in meetings that require authentification.
Zoom also has a Plug-in for Outlook that allows you to schedule meetings directly from Outlook. If your PC is managed by NTNU, you might have to contact Orakel support services for permission to install it.
How to schedule Zoom meetings in the browser
- Once you have logged in to Zoom through your browser, click on Meetings (1).
- On the Meetings-page, proceed to Schedule a Meeting (2). This will take you to the meeting planner.
- In the meeting planner you can then plan your meeting, og the meeting planner allows you to decide on the following:
- Topic (3), which will be the name of the meeting.
- Description (4), where you can add a description and/or agenda for the meeting.
- When (5) lets you set a time for the meeting. Note that you can also set a duration for the meeting, and whether you want the meeting to be recurring.
- Security (6) are security settings for the meeting. All meetings demand a passcode - this setting is locked and cannot be turned off. This is to ensure that attendees have received an invite or the passcode in order to attend the meeting. Here you can also activate the waiting room. Attendees are then sent to a digital waiting room where they need to be approved by you to get access to the meeting. You can also require authentification, which forces participants to authenticate themselves with their NTNU-account to gain access.
- Video (7) lets you decide whether you as host and other participants can use video during the meeting.
- Audio (8) is what microphone you use during the meeting - usually one uses Computer Audio, presumably with a headset.
- Meeting Options (9) are additional setting that may be applicable: These include when participants can enter the meeting and whether the participants are automatically muted upon entering the meeting.
- When you are done setting the meeting, click on Save (10) - now the meeting is planned.
How to schedule Zoom meetings in the desktop client
- After logging in to the Zoom client, click on Schedule (1).
- Planning meetings in the client are analogous to how it is described for the browser, and in addition you can add the meeting to your calendar (2). When you are done setting the meeting, you also in the client click on Save (3) to finalize the planning of the meeting.
Scheduling Zoom meetings directly from Outlook
Before you can plan meetings from Outlook, you need to install Zoom's Plug-in.
- Log in on ntnu.zoom.us with your FEIDE account.
- Scroll to the bottom of tha page, all the way to the black link menu. Under Download you will find Outlook Plug-in, click on this.
- Click on the link. You are then taken to a page that contains software to download. Choose Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook og click on Download.
- Open the file that is downloaded and follow the installation instructions on screen.
- After the installation is complete, Outlook should now give you the options to Schedule a Meeting (1) and Start Instant Meeting (2) in Zoom (you may have to close and re-open Outlook). Schedule a Meeting (1) lets you plan the meeting in the Outlook calendar, while also opening the Zoom desktop Client to let you decide settings for the meeting. Start Instant Meeting (2) lets you start a meeting instantly.