WeVideo - simple video and sound editing in the cloud - Kunnskapsbasen
WeVideo - simple video and sound editing in the cloud
WeVideo is a cloud-based video editing software. It offers a simple, intuitive way to edit, save and share videos.
Norsk versjon: WeVideo - enkel redigering av video og lyd i skyen
For educators at NTNU, WeVideo can be a useful tool for creating interactive ang engaging presentations, demonstrations, and learning resources for students. With WeVideo, teachers can add text, images, music, and sound effects to their videos and share them with students via Panopto or YouTube.
WeVideo also supports collaboration, allowing educators to work with colleagues to develop videos and presentations together. This can help increase collaboration and efficiency in the classroom.
WeVideo offers a wide range of services, including support for many video formats and sizes, options to adjust lighting, color tone, and contrast, and a library of licensed music and sound effects. All in all, WeVideo can be a powerful tool for enhancing students' experience and understanding of course material for a university instructor.
Access and Login
All employees at NTNU have full access to WeVideo.
Log in with Office365 here -> https://eu.wevideo.com/ntnu
The 10 best features of WeVideo
- Simple video editing with an intuitive interface.
- Cloud-based technology with options to save and share your videos.
- Support for many video formats and sizes.
- Ability to add text, transitions, sound, and music to your videos.
- Integration with social media for easy sharing.
- Real-time collaboration and teamwork options.
- A library of free licensed music and sound effects.
- Control over video quality with options to adjust lighting, color tone, and contrast.
- The possibility to track changes and collaborate with multiple team members.
- Available on many devices, including PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Rights Cleared Content for free use
Database of images and videos from NTNU that can be freely used for both commercial purposes and educational purposes.
Green Screen recording
WeVideo also has a green screen feature, which allows the teacher to add a virtual backdrop behind the actor, making it possible to create more realistic and believable videos. This feature also allows you to add your own images and videos as the background, providing even greater creative possibilities for the teacher.
With the green screen feature, the teacher can create videos with actors or objects that appear to be in a specific location, even if they are actually somewhere else, providing a unique and engaging experience for the students.
App for iOS: https://www.wevideo.com/devices/ios
App for Android: https://www.wevideo.com/devices/android
App for Chromebook: https://www.wevideo.com/devices/chromebook
Google Chrome WeVideo opptaker: (NOTE, not yet available in the EU)