Notifying the Norwegian Population Register about your move

At this page you will find information about notifications of moving in connection with work stay abroad.

Norsk versjon - Melde flytting til folkeregisteret.

Topic pages about Sabbatical | Pages labeled with travel.

If your stay abroad exceeds 6 months you must notify the Norwegian National Population Register about your stay abroad. As the work stay abroad is temporary the notification should be rejected. If your notification is accepted, and you are registered as emigrated from Norway, please contact the HR- and HSE- division as the move can have some negative consequences for you. You have 3 weeks to appeal the decision. Remember to notify about your move back to Norway

You can find answers to all of your notification requirements for the Tax Office and Population Register here.

Remember that when you return from abroad you cannot notify the different government agencies of your return via the Internet.