Payouts of exchange scholarships administered by NTNU - Kunnskapsbasen
Payouts of exchange scholarships administered by NTNU
This page provides information about how to receive payouts of exchange scholarships managed by NTNU.
See Financing of exchange studies for info on the various ways you can fund exchange studies abroad.
Payment of scholarships from NTNU
You will receive an email with information about whether you have been awarded a scholarship from NTNU some time after you have uploaded the confirmation of admission from the education institution abroad in Søknadsweb.
After you have arrived in the country where you will be studying, you must do the following to receive the scholarship payout:
- Register your address abroad in Studentweb
- Send your bank account number by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Info Utbetaling”
The final deadline for registering your address abroad and sending the account number is:
- 15 October if you started the exchange in the autumn semester. The scholarship will then be transferred to your account before 1 November.
- 1 April if you started the exchange in the spring semester. The scholarship will then be transferred to your account before 30 April.
Reduction/withdrawal of scholarship
- If you cancel your studies abroad or if you end them earlier than planned, you will have to repay part of the scholarship.
- We reserve the right to reduce the amount if you receive a scholarship/grant from other sources (this does not apply to funding from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen)
- The scholarship will be withdrawn if you apply for leave of absence from NTNU for the period, or if you take a degree programme abroad