Office 365 - Word - Kunnskapsbasen
Office 365 - Word
This is how you get started with Word. This page contains information on how to get acquainted with the Word environment and answers to frequently asked questions about various features of the program. Word is part of the Office 365 package that is free to download for NTNU students and staff. To download the Office 365 suite or check out other guides, follow the Office 365 portal.
Norsk versjon - Office 365 - Word
When you start the Word program, you will get a blank document with an upper and a lower menu. On Mac, you also have the opportunity to launch the document from a template. The upper menu is the main menu and consists of the following tabs:
- Home - Clipboard, Font, Paragraph, Styles
- Insert - Pages, Tables, Illustrations, Add-ins, Media, Links, Comments, Header & Footer, Page number, Text, Symbols
- Design - Themes, Document formatting, Page Background
- Layout - Page Setup, Paragraph, Arrange
- References -Table of Contents, Footnotes, Citations and Bibliography, Captions, Index, Table of Authorities
- Mailings - Create, Start Mail Merge, Write & Insert Fields
- Review - Proofing, Language, Comments, Tracking, Changes, Compare, Protect, OneNote link (only for Windows)
- View - Views, Ruler & Gridlines, Zoom, Window, Macros
You will find the options to open or create new documents in the File-tab. On Windows, this is located next to the Home-tab. On Mac, this is located in the top menu bar.
The lower menu consists of information about the number of pages, the number of words and the language used in the document. In this menu you also have the option to change the document layout to web layout or reading mode. Next to these, it is possible to adjust the zoom percentage of the document.
When saving your document, you can choose to save it locally on your computer or in OneDrive. By saving in OneDrive's cloud service, you have the opportunity to open and edit the document anywhere using the web version of Word, Word Online.
Sharing and Collaboration
Tips and Tricks
Information on tips and tricks are coming soon
Contact Orakel Support Services (Orakeltjenesten in Norwegian) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions.