Office 365 - Teams - Kunnskapsbasen
Office 365 - Teams
Microsoft Teams is a tool for easy communication and interaction in groups. Teams includes a wide range of communication solutions, and offer collaboration in the most important Office-applications. Teams are for projects where you want an overview of and access to tasks, content and colleagues. Through the shared storage and co-writing capabilities of Teams, you will avoid the challenges with many versions of documents circulating in e-mails and file areas.
Norsk versjon - Microsoft Teams
Topic page about online teaching
Microsoft Teams allow employees, groups, and partners to work closely together, regardless of where they are located. With Microsoft Teams you can:
- Send and receive instant messages.
- Share files (Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel...).
- Plan work tasks with deadlines and assignees.
- Show your presence and/or status information.
- Easily invite external partners.
Microsoft Teams also have different functionalities:
- Teams: A team is a group of people who come together through work, projects or shared interests. For example, a team may be associated with a topic or a research project. You can create a team yourself and add members, or join an existing team.
- Channels: A team consists of channels where you can interact and work with your team members. A channel can be associated with a specific topic, a project or a task.
- Conversations and chat: Every channel has a channel conversation that is public and visible to everyone in the team. You can also create chats between yourself and another person or create a larger group chat.
- Own storage area: When you create a team, a SharePoint site is automatically created under the files-tab. All files you upload or create in your team will be stored in the team's SharePoint site.
- Apps for all devices: In addition to browsers, Teams can be used through apps for the Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. There is also an app for mobile phones, which gives you access to your teams regardless of where you are.
Here you will find links to various user guides for different features in Microsoft Teams:
- Create a team
- Create a channel
- Manage team membership
- Work with tabs
- Chats and conversations
- Share files
- Team settings
- Personal settings
- Create and attend meetings
- Make calls
Other sources of training
- Microsoft offers Teams video training
- Training videos in Teams from YouTube
- Quick start guide in Teams (pdf)
Orakel Support Service can help you if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.
Child Pages (11)
Teams - chats and conversations
On this page you can read about how you can use Conversations to communicate with the entire team, and how you can chat with individuals. Additionally, this page contains a guide on how to use...
Teams - create a channel
On this page you will find information on standard and private channels in Teams and how to create a channel in your Team. Norsk versjon – Opprette en kanal Topic page on Teams|Topic page on Office...
Teams - create a team
On this page you will find information about the difference between private and public teams, how to create a team, add members and how to create a team with an existing team as a template. Norsk...
Teams - create and attend meetings
This page explains how to create and attend video meetings in Teams. Norsk versjon – Teams – opprett og delta i møte Innholdsfortegnelse [-] Meetings in Teams Setting up a meeting in Teams Set up a...
Teams - make calls
Teams is used to make and receive telephone calls at NTNU. On this page you will learn how to call using Teams. Norsk versjon - Teams - telefoni Topic page for Office 365 | Topic page for Teams...
Teams - manage team membership
This wiki describes how to manage team membership in Microsoft Teams. Norsk versjon - Administrere medlemskap Innholdsfortegnelse [-] Overview of team members Change roles Remove a member Roles and...
Teams - personal settings
Here you can read about how to manage your personal settings in Teams such as language, display, routines for program launch, privacy, and notifications. Norwegian version - Personlige...
Teams - secure a meeting
On this page, you will learn how to secure a Teams meeting in a way that keepes it "behind closed doors", thus makes it suitable for confidential information. The necessary adjustments must be done...
Teams - share files
On this page you will find information on how to share files in Teams as well as information about Security and Privacy in regard to file sharing in Teams. Innholdsfortegnelse [-] File sharing in...
Teams - team settings
This guide walks you through the different settings you have for a Team. Note that this guide only focuses on team-settings, if you want to know more about personal settings in teams, see Personal...
Teams - work with tabs
Channels in Teams are divided into tabs with different types of content. This guide goes through what different tabs can be used for, and how to create and delete tabs. Norsk versjon - Teams - Bruk...