Office 365 - PowerPoint - Kunnskapsbasen
Office 365 - PowerPoint
This is how you get started with Powerpoint. This page contains information on how to get acquainted with the Powerpoint environment and answers to frequently asked questions about various features of the program. The Powerpoint presentation program is part of the Office 365 package which is free to download for NTNU students and staff. To download the Office 365 suite or check out other guides, follow the Office 365 portal.
Norsk versjon - Office 365 - PowerPoint
When you start Powerpoint, you will see a blank presentation with an upper menu, a lower menu and a slide overview on the left side. On Mac, you also have the ability to launch the document from a template. The upper menu is the main menu and consists of the following tabs:
- Home - Clipboard, Slides, Font, Paragraph, Drawing, Editing
- Insert - Slides, Tables, Images, Illustrations, Add-ins, Links, Comments, Text, Symbols, Media
- Design - Themes, Variants Customize
- Transitions - Preview, Transition to This Slide, Timing
- Animations - Preview, Animation, Advanced Animation, Timing
- Slide Show - Start Slide Show, Set Up, Monitors
- Review - Proofing, Language, Comments, Compare, OneNote link (only Windows)
- View - Presentation Views, Master Views, Show, Zoom, Color/Grayscale, Window, Macros
To open or create new presentations, you will find these options in the File tab. On Windows, this is located next to the Home tab. On Mac, this is located in Mac's built-in top menu.
The lower menu consists of information about the number of slides and the language used in the presentation. In this menu you also have the option to change the document layout for slide sorting and slide show, in addition to adding notes and comments to the slide. Next to these, it is possible to adjust the zoom percentage of the presentation.
When you save your presentation, you can choose to save it locally on your computer or save it in OneDrive. By saving in OneDrive's cloud service, you have the opportunity to open and edit the document anywhere using the online version of Powerpoint, Powerpoint Online.
Sharing and Collaboration
Guidance for sharing and collaboration
Tips and Tricks
Information on tips and tricks are coming soon.
Contact Orakel Support Services (Orakeltjenesten in Norwegian) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions.