Office 365 - OneDrive - Kunnskapsbasen
Office 365 - OneDrive
Norsk versjon: Office 365 - OneDrive
OneDrive is a cloud storage and file sharing service by Microsoft. OneDrive is similar to services like Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud, with its own web portal and client. By using OneDrive with your NTNU account, you get one terabyte (1024 GB) of storage space in the cloud.
You can use OneDrive on your personal computer, tablet, and mobile phone; at work, home, and on the fly. OneDrive makes it easier to collaborate with fellow students, employees or others. With OneDrive you can easily pull up your presentation notes while commuting, and share pictures and files with friends and colleagues wherever you are.
OneDrive comes preinstalled with all NTNU computers, but you must log in to the client before use. In this article we describe how you configure the OneDrive client on your computer.
Setup for employees
- Open OneDrive from the start menu.
- Log in with email, and Feide afterwards.
- Click through the quick start guide.
- You will find your OneDrive folder to the left in the file explorer.
- Find the OneDrive-client and start it. The easiest way to do this is by opening the start menu and searching for OneDrive, as shown below.
- Type your NTNU email address and log in.
- You will be redirected to authentication through Feide, where you type your username and password.
- When you have successfully logged in, you will be informed where your OneDrive folder will be created. Click continue and read through the information. In your file explorer you will find a shortcut to your OneDrive folder in the left menu. Everything in the folder will be synchronised to your OneDrive account.
- Everything is now configured and ready for use. You do not have to take backup copies of your Documents-, Pictures-, or Desktop folders, as these are already synchronised and securely stored by NTNU.
- Files you synchronise with OneDrive can be opened on multiple devices, as well as your browser. You can open a file or a folder in your browser by right clicking what you want opened and selecting “View online”.
- You can also open your OneDrive files directly in your browser here.
Setup for students
To configure OneDrive on your device you will have to install Microsoft Office or OneDrive on its own. On Innsida we have guides on how to install Microsoft Office for Windows, Mac, mobile phone and tablet.
Once OneDrive is installed you can open the program to finish the setup. When you are asked to log in, you type your email on the form email@example.com. The other steps are similar for students and employees.
Microsofts own learning material is a great resource for new OneDrive users. The guides describe how you upload, save, create and administrate files in OneDrive, how you share and collaborate on documents, take backup copies and more. The guides are richly illustrated with pictures and videos. Click here to go to the learning resources (select personal, not work or school).
NTNU offer courses in Office 365. See the course offerings in the learning portal.
You can use OneDrive with multiple accounts. If you are already logged in to OneDrive with an account, you can do the following to add another one:
- Right click the OneDrive shortcut that you find on the left hand side in the file explorer. Open settings, as shown.
- Select "Add an account" in the OneDrive window. Type your email to the new account and continue as shown in the setup above.
Orakel Support Services can help you if you have questions or encounter difficulties.
Child Pages (2)
This guide teaches you how to share documents and folders in OneDrive with others, as well as how to control who has access to what. Norsk versjon - OneDrive - Dele filer og mapper...
This guide teaches you how to upload files to OneDrive, how to use OneDrive to free up space on your computer, and how to recover deleted files. Norsk versjon - OneDrive - Lagring og synkronisering...