Office 365 - Install on PC - Kunnskapsbasen
Office 365 - Install on PC
How to install Office 365 on your Windows PC. Norsk versjon - Office 365 - Installere på PC
Looking for something else? Topic page about IT support | Pages labeled with
Installing Office 365 - Students and Home Computers
PS: If you have a computer provided by NTNU or if your computer already has an Office suite installed you cannot install Office 365.
- Under "Installer Office på flere enheter" press "Install"
- Choose the language you wish to use, and press "Install"
- To start the installation, open the file you just downloaded.
- You will be informed when the installation has finished and Office is ready for use.
- Go to the Office 365 portal
- In the lower left hand corner of the screen, you'll find "Gå til nedlastingsside for:" Choose PC/MAC.
- A new window will open. In front of you is an overview of the apps you have available, and where you currently have installed them.
- Choose the language you wish to use, and press the Install button.
- You'll be prompted do download a file.
- The program will install when you open this file. You will be able to use several of the Office 365 programs while they install, but this is not recommended as you might lose unsaved files if you lose your internet connection.
- Choose Use recommended settings
- Click on Next
- Click on Log on
- Fill in firstname.lastname@example.org, where username is your NTNU username. The password is your NTNU password.
- Choose how you want Office to look and click on Next. The installation process has now finished.
- If you wish to change the default language of Office 365 you need to change the language of the operating system.
Office is included on all our administered clients, no further steps necessary. You will find all standard office software in the start menu.
Send files to OneDrive
When you install Microsoft Office to your computer OneDrive is included as a standard. This application creates a folder on your computer, and all files placed in this folder will automatically be synchronized to your OneDrive network drive.
Office 365 is a cloud based service. Documents saved to OneDrive should be considered vulnerable, and you should consider the information security when using the service.
Oracle Support Services can answer further questions about Webmail. However, Oracle Student Services does not distribute Outlook to students, nor do they provide support for users of this program.