Office 365 - Excel - Kunnskapsbasen
Office 365 - Excel
This is how you get started with Excel. This page contains information on how to get acquainted with the Excel environment and answers to frequently asked questions about various functions in the program. The Excel spreadsheet program is part of the Office 365 package that is free to download for NTNU students and staff. To download the Office 365 suite or check out other guides, follow the Office 365 portal.
Norsk versjon - Office 365 - Excel
When you start Excel, you will get a blank spreadsheet with an upper and a lower menu. On Mac, you also have the option to launch the spreadsheet from a template. The upper menu is the main menu and consists of the following tabs:
- Home - Clipboard, Font, Alignment, Number, Styles, Cells, Editing
- Insert - Tables, Illustrations, Add-ins, Charts, Rappoerter, Sparklines, Filters, Links, Text, Symbols
- Page Layout - Themes, Page Setup, Scale to Fit, Sheet Options, Arrange
- Formulas - Function Library, Defined Names, Formula Auditing, Calculation
- Data - Get & Transform Data, Connections, Sort & Filter, Data Tools, Outline
- Review - Proofing, Language, Comments
- View - Workbook View, Show, Zoom, Window, Macros
To open or create new workbooks, you will find these options in the File-tab. On Windows, this is located next to the Home-tab. On Mac, this is located in Mac's built-in top menu.
In the lower menu in Excel, you have the option to open and switch between spreadsheets in the workbook. On the right side of the lower menu you can switch between normal layout and page layout. Next to these, it is possible to adjust the zoom percentage of the spreadsheet.
When you save your workbook, you can choose to save it locally on your computer or save it in OneDrive. By saving in OneDrive's cloud service, you have the opportunity to open and edit the document anywhere and use the online version of Excel, Excel Online.
Sharing and Collaboration
Tips and Tricks
Information on tips and tricks are coming soon.
Contact Orakel Support Services (Orakeltjenesten in Norwegian) at email@example.com if you have any more questions.