Access e-mail and calendar on web - Kunnskapsbasen
Access e-mail and calendar on web
As an NTNU employee, you can access your e-mail in your browser - from any location. You will also have access to your NTNU calendar there.
Note: The transfer of e-mail and calendar for all NTNU's employees to Office 365 started in November. The transfer will be made in batches and will be in progress for several weeks. During the transition period, you will possibly experience incorrectness in content about e-mail on Innsida. The pages will be continuously adapted to a new solution.
Users who are moved will be notified. After moving, the old webmail will stop working and you will need to use a new URL to log in.
Norsk versjon - E-post og kalender i nettleseren
The content below applies to old webmail.
Sign in to webmail
- Sign in (mail.ntnu.no)
- Use your NTNU username and password
Once you have logged in to your NTNU webmail account the first time, you will have to set preferences, such as language.
Manage your calendar via Webmail
After you have logged in to your NTNU Webmail account, you can also view and manage your online calendar. You will also have access to other resources, such as the ability to reserve meeting rooms and equipment.
To set up out-of-office messages or other automatic replies to all incoming email messages in Webmail, click on the "Gear/Tools" icon (top right side of your screen) and then click on automatic reply. You can also use Outlook to create an automated reply or out-of-office message if you use Outlook to manage your email and event calendar.
- Look after a "Gear/Tool" symbol in the upper right corner and click on it.
- Then click "Set automatic reply"
- Make sure you have selected "Send automatic reply"
- You can choose the option of only sending replies in a certain periods.
- Type in your message. You can also have a separate text for both internal and external contacts.
- Don't forget to hit the "Save" button when you're done.
How to find NTNU contacts
You have access to your contacts through the "Contacts" in the top right corner.
Create inbox rules
- You can create rules for messages by clicking on the "gear/tools" symbol (top right of your screen) and then "Options. From there you go to "Organize email" and select the tab "Inbox rules".
- Use the pluss symbol to add new rules.
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.