Banner - Pensum - for studenter
Find your syllabus
The course syllabus (pensum in Norwegian) is generally provided by the course instructor during the first lecture or on the Blackboard website.
Faculties that have syllabuses on the Web:
- Faculty of Humanities - reading lists
- Faculty of social and educational sciences - reading list (in Norwegian)
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences - "Læremiddelbanken" | Guide to "Læremiddelbanken"
Buy or order books
- Order books from an online bookstore (Akademika.no, in Norwegian)
- Sell or buy used books at iBok.no (in Norwegian)
- A number of reading lists are also available at the University Library
- Buy books at the bookstores on campus:
Dragvoll | Gløshaugen | Kalvskinnet | Øya | Tunga
- Buy books at Akademika Gjøvik and Akademika Ålesund
Some books are available for loans from the University Library.
Pensum - om pensum
Tips for book purchases
You may not want to purchase an entire book if you only need one article. Many of the articles are collected in compendia or item selections.
Compendia will be available in digital form in theo course room in Blackboard.
Required books as e-books
An increasing number of books that are on "required reading" lists for courses can be purchased as e-books from different online bookstores.
You can also access electronic books from the University Library (UB). Medical students also have access to an overview of all course-related e-books that are available at the University Library.